Reinterpreting WE and EC

Gree

While reading this thread. it got me thinking about the WE and EC. We all know that they have been retconned into one-diemensional lunatics with no thought to actual tactics of any sort.

I'm pretty much disappapointed with this really. I really liked the themes of both legions. Now they have pretty much gone down the gutter. I preffered the 2nd edition Khorne fluff, you know the ''Teeth of Khorne?''

My question is, how would you reinterpret both legions to be more multi-diemensional? I can't see ethier legion beign a serious threat to other marines who actually use tactics.

Chaos Spiky, with more skulls than normal...and with oversized silly hats! it's a shame about that, and a shame if you look at the fluff for chaos lords in the old codex and the new one. Now if you fall from the "emperor's grace" you instantly fall to chaos gods no if ands or buts. or then you go bat crap crazy, and spilt apart and die in droves to one ultra marine.

Sorry, I mean just use the old fluff, it's not like the new codex has any.

Paint all the tactical ranged stuff in world eater colours..

Have you noticed Khorne's warriors have never won a major campaign ever..

It's not like Khornate people care about winning at all, you know "Blood for the Blood God" and all that stuff ?

Remember that "Khorne embodies mindless and absolute violence ".

Even though I don't play World Eaters or Khorne, I'm considering starting a small WE force led by Khârn and all that, and to be honest, I like the way they are depicted.

Archived