WIP Salamanders

As said I posted a short while ago but the pictures were not that good.

Hopefully these are better - sorry for the new post but was just easier for me

gallery_40159_4209_33140.jpg

My He'Stan

gallery_40159_4209_46375.jpg

My IronClad (too cheap to buy one plus i dont really like the model

gallery_40159_4209_1051842.jpg

My Vindicator (no storm bolter as it broke off .... grrrrr bloody kids :o

gallery_40159_4209_279408.jpg

My Dev squad - the bases arent finished as i've still got to get some more static grass.

gallery_40159_4209_128960.jpg

and

gallery_40159_4209_147161.jpg

I had a crack at making a Dreadnought Salamanders Mantle - sort of to show extra armour.

gallery_40159_4209_1612234.jpg

Sternguard

Any thoughts ponderings etc please do not hesitate to leave them.

I know theres a few glaring errors with paint overlap but they are still WIP and I had to rush a couple to get them onto a table last thursday

Rather than posting a new thread to post better pictures, just add them to the old one. It spams the forum. On another note.

I really love the commander you have and the flames you have look pretty cool. The only thing that needs work is your highlighting. It is a bit thick in some spots.

Painting that Company Master with black skin makes him look a little like Tommy Lister (Friday, 5th Element). It's great!

Your model's an interesting take on the Ironclad, not bad. Do you have any more pics from different angles? I would suggest you borrow a suitably sized drill from someone and drill out the multi-melta barrels on the second dreadnought.

As mentioned before, the highlights are a bit thick, maybe a little work on those could help. I would also suggest you give your gold metallics some highlights and washes, as they're a little flat right now. If you can find a black or sepia fineliner felt-tip pen (0.1 or 0.05mm), with a little practice you could easily add script to your purity seals. It looks good and because you're using a pen it's quite simple to do.

Finally, I know you were rushed but if you can try to get rid of those mold lines on some of the marines, there's a sternguard with heavy flamer that has some issues with mold lines.

Sure, so mould lines and tidy up highlights (for starters)

Without giving a sob story because I know in this recession were all in the same boat - the whole army is rescued from previous projects with the only specifically purchased items being clue and grass haha

Still not grumbling and the positive feedback and constructive criticism is a true positive :P

gallery_40159_4209_1299433.jpg

my Ironclad from another angle

Archived