Black Templar Land Raider "Facta non Verba".

blackbabyjesus

Took me a while to complete this badboy, but it's finally done and I'm very pleased with the result, the motto "Facta non Verba" is Latin for "Deeds not Words" which I think rather fits with the Black Templar ethos.

Any and all C&C is appreciated, as any lessons to be learned from this one will be applied to the Rhino I have to do next.

Pictures!

gallery_43855_3514_55097.jpg

gallery_43855_3514_21859.jpg

gallery_43855_3514_90810.jpg

gallery_43855_3514_30352.jpg

gallery_43855_3514_8093.jpg

These last two interior shots are from the WIP phase, but the interior was 100% complete at this point, so I cba taking more photos.

gallery_43855_3514_12750.jpg

gallery_43855_3514_75513.jpg

WIP thread here:

How did you do the little rusty/grimey streaks on the last picture inside the door? A wash I'm guessing? I like that.

The whole thing is really nice. The only points I would suggest is to strengthen the highlights on the back and perhaps tone down the white, as nice and smoothly painted as it is, as it looks very bright. That might just be the photos though. Also dirty the tracks and the armour near the tracks.

I applaud you for painting the inside so well. I didn't have the patience to do so well for my LR.

Took me a while to complete this badboy, but it's finally done and I'm very pleased with the result, the motto "Facta non Verba" is Latin for "Deeds not Words" which I think rather fits with the Black Templar ethos.

I admit I've never studied Latin, but I was under the impression it was "Acta (Actions), Non Verba (Not Speech)"... where does the "f" for "Facta" come into it?

I also am no student of Latin, google is my friend when it comes to mottoes/names for vehicles.

Facta non Verba seems to be fairly prevalent , however Acta non Verba also does. I'm not sure which is correct though Facta non Verba has enough letters to make it symmetrical on the scroll, so I'll stick with that!

Archived