A Newbie's Blood Angels (Img heavy)

Meracalis

Back in March I got really interested in 40k and bought AoBR and one of the big SM box sets and after painting a tactical squad, lost interest due to lack of confidence in my horrible painting abilities. No lie, they were flat out horrendous, with only a messy coat of black, and then red foundation and some blotchy detailing. I've been bored lately so I pulled my models and paint back out. This is my test marine while the others are simple greening and I figured I'd see what others think about it.

I know alot of BA players like brighter reds but I'm a fan of the darker red and I wanted a really worn, dark feel. I also know the shoulder trim for BA's isn't usually silver, but that was more of a color experiment than a rule for my army. Besides, I payed for 'em, I'l paint 'em whatever colors I want. :angry: Not based, fingers need touching up too. Apologies for bad focus in some shots, first time I've ever tried to take pictures of something so small.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8104/105f.jpg

And more excuses: someone else needs the computer but I will get shots up at other angles ASAP!

Archived