Scout Speeder Jamming?

Dunedon

DISCLAIMER: I've used the search function, and either it's not here or I can't find the right search terms ... so if this has already been answered then feel free to point me in the right direction.

My question is this ... the rules for the Jammer say that no "deep-strike scattering reducers" work within it's range.

Does that mean if MY scouts are carrying a teleport homer that it won't work (seems that would be RAW, but I'm not sure it's RAI)? Or does this only affect my opponent(s)?

Thanks - Dunedon

The rules for Jammer Beacons specifically mention "enemy reserves" and "enemies wishing to deepstrike". So for me I read it that the jammer effects enemy wargear only. The portion you quoted, on its own, might indeed imply that ALL locator items don't function, but in context with the other words and the full rules, it's only enemy wargear that is effected.

Cheers

I

The rules for Jammer Beacons specifically mention "enemy reserves" and "enemies wishing to deepstrike". So for me I read it that the jammer effects enemy wargear only. The portion you quoted, on its own, might indeed imply that ALL locator items don't function, but in context with the other words and the full rules, it's only enemy wargear that is effected.

Cheers

I

It only mentions enemies in the context of the scatter distance though (4D6 instead of the normal 2D6). That's a second part to the paragraph and, at least gramatically, the two arn't related ... so I'm not sure you can infer that the first scentence also only applies to enemy models. (at work atm: so can't quote the full rule, so I may be misremembering)

Edit: I stand corrected, the reference to enemies also applies to the first descriptive paragraph, making it more likely that the entire description refers solely to enemy models ... RAI wins.

Archived