Black Templar Rhino 'Fidelis'

blackbabyjesus

This is (thankfully!) the last tank I need to do for my UKGT army, heat 2 is on the 14th November, so I'm cutting it a little fine and am having to speed things up a little! Only a Chaplain and some objective markers left to do now though, thank god!

I'm posting it in the HoH because it's table worthy now in my opinion, however, after the Chaplain/objective markers are done I intend to do a large Maltese Cross on the top doors and maybe a scroll with something inspiring written on it. We'll see I guess.

With any luck I should be able to get some army shots tomorrow at the local GW games night, just have to convince someone that it's really a good idea to let me have sole use of a table for 20 mins or so.

Anyway, without further ado, here's the pics!

gallery_43855_3514_15533.jpg

gallery_43855_3514_47536.jpg

gallery_43855_3514_71813.jpg

gallery_43855_3514_6992.jpg

gallery_43855_3514_53956.jpg

I like it! The white is a massive contrast to the black and, whilst the details are very nicely done, I can't help but think that the vehicle could do with some grey highlights on the edges. This is because at the moment, it sort of looks like a solid black lump which is a massive shame when contrasted to the care and attention in the detail.

L. Wrex

Edit: On repeated viewings it *does* look like it has some highlights, but if so they are very, very subtle. Maybe lighten them a little bit to give more definition to the tank?

I'm not a fan of the weathered look, a bit of mud splatter maybe, but as mentioned previously the army needs to be table ready in 10 days time... mud can wait, these guys just got off their thunderhawks!

As for highlighting, it's there, I promise, I went up to shadow grey on the raised areas but the bad camera pixies stole all the contrast away.

Archived