Imperial Fist Captain

Rob_Loken

Hi there, I've been working on this IF captain on and off now for nearly a year. And I thought I'd put up some picks to get some feedback and advice on making him really stand out. It's the Pedro Kantor body with a sergeants head and a storm bolter. I'm quite pleased with how he's coming along but would welcome some advice on how to really push it that bit further.

gallery_25147_957_5279.jpg

gallery_25147_957_38848.jpg

gallery_25147_957_93485.jpg

Cheers

Rob

Striking work, and I the bits-swap does a great deal to personalise him. I'd suggest taking the blue out of the piece – replacing the blue pouch and shading the shoulderpad wing with brown would fit the warm colour scheme much better. At the moment, they're a little jarring. I'd also echo the metallic comments: highlighting his face in particular would help draw the eye and make his head the focal point.

That said, he's very nicely painted! The red accents are well balanced against the yellow, and aren't dominant. The yellow itself is a lovely hue, too.

So I took the advice given and this is what I've got so far. I gave the shoulder pad wings a Brown wash and coloured the laurels to make them stand out more. The only problem now is that I don't know what colour to do the gems as the green seems to much now next to the laurels.

gallery_25147_957_134575.jpg

gallery_25147_957_27782.jpg

gallery_25147_957_162267.jpg

Looking very nice.

I like the conversion it looks alot better than the actul kantor I've never liked that model.

Perhaps you could do the Gems purple, have you thought about changing the colour of his bionic eye perhaps it would be good if the Eye and Gems matched.

Thanks.

for metals dont just slap on washes anywhere, try and spend the effort of placing them....also basecoat your metals with boltgun, and highlight with(i recommend vallejo air chrome) mithril silver...hit ONLY the reflective spots with the highlight, and place the darkest shades right next to the brightest highlights, in the cracks or hollows near it thats what makes things look reflective, high contrast

otherwise he looks alright...consider more shading on the yellow(because you cant highlight yellow much its easier to shade it to gain that depth) and highlight the red some more

if youd like me to do an example edit in photoshop lemme know :huh:

Alex

Cheers for the replies. Starks333 I'm working on them there metals today so consider the advice taken. :lol: I went with the purple gems as has been suggested and it does look better. Also spent a bit of time this morning highlighting the powerfist a bit more. I've also added washes around the bolts on the armour in an attempt to bring them out a bit more.

gallery_25147_957_96566.jpg

gallery_25147_957_12214.jpg

gallery_25147_957_15626.jpg

Archived