StormLord and Firing Ports

XZealot

A Traitor Stormlord can carry 40 figures and 20 of them can use the Firing ports.

Since there are no Chaos units which contain 40 figures, this must refer to multiple squads being carried into battle.

There are 20 firing ports on a Stormlord.

Are there any rules as to which troops choices may use firing ports? Specifically, Could I have 4 seargants from 4 different 10-man squads use the firing ports on the same turn?

That would be fine. My personal favorite- 4 6 man squads of Longfangs with heavy weapons, 15 Bloodclaws, and a Rune Priest with Stormcaller and Tempests Wrath.

Traitors though? Throw down 20 Obliterators- at a mere 1500pts, and let them ALL shoot whatever they care to, in groups of 2.

In short- no restrictions there. The rules for multiple units in a superheavy transport is covered in apocalypse.

That would be fine. My personal favorite- 4 6 man squads of Longfangs with heavy weapons, 15 Bloodclaws, and a Rune Priest with Stormcaller and Tempests Wrath.

Traitors though? Throw down 20 Obliterators- at a mere 1500pts, and let them ALL shoot whatever they care to, in groups of 2.

I didn't think you could put Obliterators in a transport.

They cannot be transported in chaos rhinos or in chaos land raiders, but the rules that prohibit this are on the chaos rhinos and chaos land raiders themselves not on the obliterators. Therfore you could pile them into any other transports. And as they have no rule that they count as multiple models so you could by RAW put 16 in a loyalist land raider crusader (though the superheavy transport chart does mean they still take up 2 spaces in a stormlord). This is apoc though, and would be increadably unsporting and should result in getting punched in the face.

However superheavy transports CAN transport anything (including calvery and jump infantry, and bikes, and mosnterous creatures and walkers, etc) except non-walker vehicles, and some have special rules that allow even that.

*nods* Wich is why I figure that the Obliterators are fine- if you can stack 20 Thunderwolf cavalry in there, why not very large TDA?

Well tell them they cant do that, calvery/beasts takes up 3 slots each, so you can only fit 13 Thunderwolfs in there. (And once again hormaguants get shafted for being beasts)

Archived