The Laughter of the Dark Gods...

brotherAkkyshan

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/brotherAkkyshan/IntoTheMaelstrom/Maelstrom.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++ Report on the dissapearance of the vessel 'infero' +++

Commit to: Imperial Record GDA 35/2810 Transmitted: Knossis (Badab System)

Cossfile to: Badab Uprising (903.M41 - present) and Minotaurs Astartes Chapter

Input Date: 0411908.M41

Input Clearance: Holy Inquisitor Coris Etruscian

Author: Captain Lucius Tyro

It is with great regret that I have to report to you the loss of the Minotaur vessel 'Inferno' and presumably every soul on board. As you will know from previous reports a large contingent of the Minotaurs Astartes Chaper are currently regrouping around the [deleted] area of the [deleted] in preperation for the [deleted]. The Chapter reports that despite suffering heavy losses itself it has all but destroyed the entire Lamenters warfleet and their secret naval bases at [deleted]. During its actions in [deleted], the Stike Cruiser 'Inferno' garnered much praise from Captain Minos, commander of the Minotaur forces, for its unrelenting pursuit of Lamenter ships. It is with a heavy heart that I inform you of the vessels loss.

It was whilst pursuing one particular rebel ship, the 'Spear of Destiny', that all communications were broken. From the last vox-comms recieved we have mangaed to assertain that the two ships engaged on the edge of the Maelstrom itself. Given the Minotaurs prediliction for assault based operations it has been assumed they boarded the enemy vessel. We have recieved no word from them since. Ships sent into the vicinity after the event have been unable to find any visual trace of either ship.

Your Obd't servant,

Captain Lucius Tyro

Thought for the day: Deeds not words

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've been looking to start a new modelling project for a while now. Despite currently re-reading the Horus Heresy novels I have found in the past that Heresy-era armies tend to be overly expensive and complicated beasts. Bored with standrad Imperial Space Marines and having seen the quality of the newer Chaos Marine sprues (in particular the Possessed sprues!) I started to scoure the internet for inspiration. Now, being old enough to remember Rogue Trader when it was first released and reading the Realms of Chaos books when they were published I got hugely excited (not in that way! :D) when I stumbled across Bell of Lost Souls' Badab War campaign booklet. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about I recommend taking a look here - http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2008/07/bol...ds-archive.html

Not wanting to do an Imperial Marine Chapter I started to look at the rebel chapters. I've always harboured a desire to do a Lamenters force, but the problem is they would still look too 'Imperial'. So I thought about building them as they might appear after fleeing the Minotaurs into the Maelstrom after the Battle of Null point. So...

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/brotherAkkyshan/IntoTheMaelstrom/ChaosLord002.jpg

These guys are going to be a mixture of Lamenters and Executioners, as at the time there were Executioners present in the Lamenters fleet. But that got me to thinking about the Minotaurs too. Being an 'assault' force what would have happened to any Minotaur marines who were unable to escape the Lamenters ships as they fled? Surely not you say, no chapter would abandon its brothers! Well I present Brother Captain Asterion of the Minotaurs Assault Company, as he is now...

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/brotherAkkyshan/IntoTheMaelstrom/ChaosLord001.jpg

He will soon be followed by the rest (or what is now left of) his assault squad. The irony of his mutation rife squad is not lost on the Lamenters he now finds under his command.

This small, depleted warband will be the remaining marines from the collision and subsequent dissapearance into the Maelstrom of the vessels 'Inferno' and 'Spear of Destiny'. Infighting amongst the group in the beginning quickly gave way to a desperate fight for survival against the dezines of the warp. Banding together, Asterion rose to command by nature of his aggression and sheer bloody mindedness. There is already friction between his men and some of the Executioner elements of the force who believe Sergeant Telos should be leading them. Telos himself will not be drawn on the matter (though he is only biding his time...)

Sorry for the quality of the pictures (poor I know! :cries:) and rambling on for sooooo long. If you are all (un)lucky more updates will follow soon. :evilgrin:

Archived