Scouts and Techmarines

jamjar

Was playing against a marine army on sunday and came against an oponent who was using scouts with camo cloaks, in a techmarine fortified ruin, to claim a 2+ save.

Do these two things stack? Played it as yes, but it just seemed a little OTT, And wanted to check

Jam

Yes they stack- Fortified ruins add +1 to the cover save they grant, while Stealth adds +1 to the cover save a unit receives...

They wouldnt stack if Bolster Defenses granted the "stealth" USR to any unit in the ruins.

Ever since I started playing my sniper scout squad with Sgt Telion and all of them wearing camo cloaks, I've noticed people just don't put out ruins for terrain anymore at the FLGS. Since Lysander can Bolster Defenses also, they'd just as soon negate his effect by not giving the Imperial Fists any ruins to bolster! If I'm setting up the terrain, you can bet I put a few out there so as to give my crappy shooting snipers another turn of shooting with a 2+ coversave!

Ever since I started playing my sniper scout squad with Sgt Telion and all of them wearing camo cloaks, I've noticed people just don't put out ruins for terrain anymore at the FLGS. Since Lysander can Bolster Defenses also, they'd just as soon negate his effect by not giving the Imperial Fists any ruins to bolster!

Damn, that's beardy!

Archived