DIY Swapping Project 09 WIP Thread

Ferrus Manus

I've just finished reading this thread and was wondering. What is the DIY Swapping Project 09? How do I get involved and what do I do for it? I'm pretty new to this website so please excuse my ignorance to this subject.

It's a project where anyone can sign up their DiY Marine chapter or Chaos Warband. Then you get assigned someone else's and make at least one Marine based on the color scheme and fluff of someone else.

But the deadline for this one was last year. Contact Ferrus Manus, maybe you can still join...

EDIT: Looks like Ferrus was faster than me XD

An early pic of Silver Pheonix's Pheonix Legion. Will probably paint him up as a veteran sergeant. The tassel on the head will be re-alligned so it streams backwards. The blade is only a mockup so that I can get the proportions correct.

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo58/littlebrother2008/IMGP2554.jpg

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo58/littlebrother2008/IMGP2555.jpg

i have a head update, i figure marines with gas masks are always bald, well this young marine has long flourishing hair (accidently looks a bit like mine :S)

gallery_38604_4022_1157040.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_882487.jpg

:)

That's great SB! :D

I have been given little brother's Emperor's Hunters chapter, and I am doing for him the Captain of the 8th Company, Master of Flight... Which is still a little pile of bitz on my work-'table'...

Wish those damn orders from Bitzbox got here faster... :(

Anybody have any links to a Bitz website that could be better or summt?

Arenis

Try Bitsandkits.co.uk, it's an excellent site... if something is in stock.

i second that, i try to change ebtween the 2 with mixed effects, i have 1 outstanding order form both at the moment but i think the bits and kits one comes tomorrow, the bitsbox one should have come tuesday, and thanks arenis :)

Little Brother. Awesome. I'm pretty much speechless... (Let me assure you that is fairly rare for me). That blade is perfect. I can't wait to see what you do with a bit of paint. I can't wait to see what you do in terms of house markings and any honour markings, if he;s going to have them. I'm wondering if your going to remove the Chaos arrow off his head or not? I'm really excited to see how you do this guy now.

I suppose I'd better get a wriggle on with Dark Brotherhoods Dark Brotherhood.

Small worded update from me on my fallen marine:

The horns on the helmet have fallen off sadly and have been lost to the warp due to their size, so our fallen friend simply has a normal Mk.VI helmet but now with a sratch across the left side as if a blade sliced against it. The despoiled cuts on the Aquila on his chest have been deepened so it'll look more visible after being painted and finally I've drilled a bolter shot on the helm on his trophy rack, perhapos signifying an "execution" style exit for this marine's former "brother".

The base will be worked on soon, I'm considering adding more helms of his former brothers or maybe body bits. But it's only a small base so I can't do too much. Then the priming and the future painting!

Well that's it for now. New pics coming soon hopefully.

Cambrius

The first to be painted! ;) Pretty good coverage for the first layer Brother Alucard. Looking forward to more.

Cambrius

Did you miss my post on the first page? :)

Yes I did. :lol: TO THE PAIN GLOVE FOR ME! *marches off in shame*

Cambrius

Any idea which chapters would look best for the helmets on the backpack? Don't really wont anything that will distract you from the model and easily recognised chapters would be cool.

Black Templars and maybe the Sallies or Ultras?

I'm still waiting on bitz, but i'll have a mock-up of the pose drawn by the weekend... -_-

Arenis

Archived