DIY Swapping Project 09 WIP Thread

Ferrus Manus

Almost done on Anwolf's Knights of the Emperor Marine, the paint is mostly done with only the purity seal and tactical arrow left to paint (how I'm going to manage to paint a gold tactical arrow, I have no idea... I hope a gold pen will paint on a shoulderpad).

I'll post pics up when it's done, as I don't get much light hours in which to take pictures.

Well I have almost started Dark Brotherhoods Dark Brotherhood. :) No seriously, I've pretty much planned it all out. I pose a question to Dark Brotherhood if he is still around here, do the blind librarians have the same blue armour as other librarians or is that different with your guys?

Well I have almost started Dark Brotherhoods Dark Brotherhood. :P No seriously, I've pretty much planned it all out. I pose a question to Dark Brotherhood if he is still around here, do the blind librarians have the same blue armour as other librarians or is that different with your guys?

Their armour is still blue, yes. Sorry about the slow reply!

Update: I have FINALLY got all my bits now for my Desert Eagle, who will also be one of my Golden Bolter entries!

A long-overdue update from me. I am indeed painting Shiodome's Son of Taurus. Since I don't have the paints he used nor the money to buy them with, I'm trying to apporximate them. Right now, the armor is Bleached Bone (Which I will work on more) and the red trimmings is a nice mix of Red Gore and Blood Red.

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/braintick42/SDC10719.jpg

On a less related note, I have a blog now if anyone cares at all. Knight of Ultramar

Wow, he looks pretty good.

And don't worry, the as-yet-unnamed Sons of Doom Terminator is almost done, he just needs one last coat of paint.

Thanks. :D Oooh, interesting news indeed. Will any pics come once you're done?

Cambrius

well done cam!!

the symbol is done very well, i havent got around to adding it to my men yet ;)

good luck to all those still working away

Thanks sword brethren. Glad I achieved a good standard. Yes the symbol's the first freehand type I've done before so I'm pretty proud of myself there.

Wow, he looks pretty good.

And don't worry, the as-yet-unnamed Sons of Doom Terminator is almost done, he just needs one last coat of paint.

Thanks. ;) Oooh, interesting news indeed. Will any pics come once you're done?

Cambrius

As soon as I can find my digital camera...yes.

Fair enough. I'll look forward to when you recover your digi cam from the warp. Perhaps a daemonic summoning's in order. ;)

Cambrius

I've finished Anwolf's Knights of the Emperor Marine:

Front:

gallery_20677_2301_96285.jpg

Chapter badge:

gallery_20677_2301_262953.jpg

Tactical badge:

gallery_20677_2301_282824.jpg

Back:

gallery_20677_2301_404266.jpg

Sorry about picture quality (the back image seems to be the best from the bunch).

Edit: I'll try taking some more pictures, if I manage to catch the Sun (it goes down too damn early!!).

I shall tomorrow, I will have plenty of time to go through the thread and see who is still lagging behind, however, if those who are intending to use their DIY project mini as their GB entry just let me know, I can let you off for that... for now :D

P.S Good work Heru, I like pose especially.

or those whom haven't posted any progress yet.

I think most of those people just dumped their schemes into the project and buggered off... ;) *

*= Like Anwolf who hasn't been on the B+C since the 12th of Nov (I told him whose Chapter he was supposed to be doing to no reply), and BOBMAKENZIE (you know the guy who posted his Chapter after the deadline should have expired but didn't) who is supposed to be doing my Chapter.

Note: If it sounds like I'm annoyed, it is because I am; I'm the only one from that triangle who seems to have actually put in the effort (and my best effort mind you). :D

Hopefully all they need is a little gentle nudging. I apologise to Dark Brotherhood for not gettingany pics of what I'm doing for his Chapter. I've been very busy over the last few weeks with work and bushfires and my overwhelming procrastination. Its no excuse, however, and I'll try to get something done in the new year. I think I've got everything planned appropriately and I only hope that what I can come up with will be suitable. (Of course if DB updated his IA it would make it easier for me - hint hint) But regardless I think I've got it mostly sorted out. Am actually using it as a testing exercise for my own chapter whose colour scheme involves very similar colours.

EDIT: And because I'm feeling generous once I've finished my mini diorama of Dark Brotherhoods Dark Brotherhood I will most liekly attempt to do a marine from all those Chapters whose people have buggered off. Or at least those whom have made the effort and completed the marine they were assigned. My way of saying thank you to all the good sports out there.

Brother Cambrius, just curious but what is that unpainted model lying in the background? I can't seem to recognize it and for some reason that really bugs me.

And excellent work by the way, both you and Talon.

It's a 1999 Captain with a bolter and power axe I won on ebay recently. :P Thanks for the compliments guys.

I feel for the ones who've had no news on their resepctive minatures. I'm still waiting from last year's...

Cambrius

Archived