DIY Swapping Project 09 WIP Thread

Ferrus Manus

i also feel for them, im in the lucky position of having finished and having had mine finished so i cant say i feel your pain but i understand how annoyed you must be.

if there are a number of people you have had their chapter abandonned i suggest a reshuffle so that everybodies gets done :P

Hi lads,

Sorry i’m one of the quiet ones. I’m still alive and all that. Ferrus shouldn’t worry, I intend to have an artic lion done in time. I had planned for it to be a gb entry, but most likely it won’t be done until the end of the swap. I’ll still try and do my best for it tough.

can some one explain what this is please because i dont get this

Basically once every year, we put together a DIY Chapter swap between members, whom must then build and paint a minature in the colours and style of the chapter they were chosen to do.

Good to see some action and noise from some more guys. :tu:

Cambrius

Just to show I'm not dead, here is the tacked together WIP of a champion from Rindarus' Aesir Knights. I'll paint him up with more of the tactical marine scheme most likely.

http://www.digitalequinox.com/wip/40k/marines/swapwip01.jpg

He WILL be finished by the deadline, but he still has a few things in line before him. (dreadnought, epic commission, then him)

Just curious, do you know if models with that style of aquila are still available from GW?

Just to show I'm not dead, here is the tacked together WIP of a champion from Rindarus' Aesir Knights. I'll paint him up with more of the tactical marine scheme most likely.

http://www.digitalequinox.com/wip/40k/marines/swapwip01.jpg

He WILL be finished by the deadline, but he still has a few things in line before him. (dreadnought, epic commission, then him)

Just curious, do you know if models with that style of aquila are still available from GW?

I think only in the Space Wolf box set, not seen it anywhere else.

Cambrius

Well, due to illness on friday and a busy weekend at a wedding I didn't get round to the PMs. Will do so tomorrow if any project members haven't posted any progress/haven't given an update post like some of the above.

As incentive to finish anyone have any ideas for a forfeit? Such as having to submit a Librarium Article, or along those lines?

I think only in the Space Wolf box set, not seen it anywhere else.

Cambrius

They are, sort of. The Space Wolf torsos have a similar chest ornament, but with a rhomboid gem, rather than an ovoid one, but I think that all of the chests featuring that ornament have some other adornments that you'd need to trim/scrape/file away if you didn't want to keep that Wolfy look. Some of the older models that have that round-gem ornament are still on the GW website, though they are the older sculpts like the one Vaaish is using. (I'm a total sucker for that generation of Space Marines, too)

Well, due to illness on friday and a busy weekend at a wedding I didn't get round to the PMs. Will do so tomorrow if any project members haven't posted any progress/haven't given an update post like some of the above.

As incentive to finish anyone have any ideas for a forfeit? Such as having to submit a Librarium Article, or along those lines?

sig of shame is always a sound option, maybe a shamed avatar of the incomplete mini and failed written across it

just a note to say i've not forgotten, i've finished all the greenstuffing and undercoated. but honestly, i've just been waiting for a 'painting mood' to overcome me. for me painting when i'm not in that frame of mind is just a chore, i tend to wait for a burst of enthusiasm and go into a frenzy painting EVERYTHING. :D

just a note to say i've not forgotten, i've finished all the greenstuffing and undercoated. but honestly, i've just been waiting for a 'painting mood' to overcome me. for me painting when i'm not in that frame of mind is just a chore, i tend to wait for a burst of enthusiasm and go into a frenzy painting EVERYTHING. :P

Brother, do I know the feeling.... I've had some bouts of inactivity, but it will be done by February.

just a note to say i've not forgotten, i've finished all the greenstuffing and undercoated. but honestly, i've just been waiting for a 'painting mood' to overcome me. for me painting when i'm not in that frame of mind is just a chore, i tend to wait for a burst of enthusiasm and go into a frenzy painting EVERYTHING. :P

Brother, do I know the feeling.... I've had some bouts of inactivity, but it will be done by February.

As do I, except my problem is a lack of parts... :P

Anybody got a mk.6 running legs and a Commander's Power Sword goin spare? :P (Willing to trade any bitz avaliable ;) )

Arenis

As do I, except my problem is a lack of parts... ;)

Anybody got a mk.6 running legs and a Commander's Power Sword goin spare? :P (Willing to trade any bitz avaliable ;) )

Arenis

I think I may have the parts you need brother. :)

Cambrius

• 2 weeks later...

And Voila!

gallery_36568_4452_716952.jpg

gallery_36568_4452_22832.jpg

gallery_36568_4452_622005.jpg

gallery_36568_4452_947697.jpg

Dark Brotherhoods Dark Brotherhood. I must say that it looks better in RL (I know, massive cliche, but I swear it does.) I'm mostly happy with this. Only a few irks, the white, the white and, mostly the white...

So to explain the model: A Blind Librarian, whom lead the Dark Brotherhood, stands atop a piece of Imperial rubble on an icy world, the Dark Brotherhoods possible homeworld. A dead Emperor's Children marine lays coverd in a frosty rime, another nod to the Homeworlds history as well as the Chapters victory of a Keeper of Secrets in the Labrynth. All the marines armour is the older mark, as per the Chapters Description. The Marines have a "Greek Key" style pattern on their armour and on the Librarians robe, as the Chapter is inspired by the Greek legend of the Labrynth. As finally the marines are organised to loosly resemble the piece of artwork that inspired the Dark Brotherhoods creation.

I hope it suits your image of the Dark Brotherhood, DB. It was alot of fun making it.

Thanks for the reminder :) . I'll start the model this coming week.

Khrangar

Good to know! ^^

I'll be finished with building mine this week and throw some paint on it as soon as possible.

@silverphoenix: From what I can see it looks really good! Do you have a camera with a macro mode? That, and some better lightning would really help showing the fine details of your work.

I've been meaning to have a close look at one of the photo taking tutorial thingies on this site. Unfortunately my camera is designed for landscape photographing as I run a landscaping business and its a work camera, kinda. Been meaning t oget a better one for close ups.

21 days left for all you people who haven't finished / even started. :rolleyes:

Plenty of time, plenty of... AAAAAARGGGGH!!! :huh:

I'm not going to make it :(

I need that bitz order preeeety soon...

Arenis

Man I know that ARGH feeling. I've hit a bit of a wall working on the marine for Reyner. I guess that's what I get for opting to build a truescaled Terminator Captain, and deciding to make up my own way to truescale a Terminator. :\

If I don't make some headway in the next few days, I'll probably abandon the truescaled Terminator and just build a PA Captain.

Archived