DIY Swapping Project 09 WIP Thread

Ferrus Manus

It's a little rushed after painting him basically yesterday and the lettering isn't the best (happens when you paint from 1pm to 2am and only get to the lettering at 1:30am) but he is done before the deadline :lol: I present you with Rindaris' Aesir Knights marine:

http://www.digitalequinox.com/wip/40k/marines/swap09aesir.jpg

See, I didn't abandon your chapter. I now return to my regularly scheduled epic marine bikes and dreadnought arms.

Sorry, just had fears of going 2 times without seeing mine done in return. Looks fantastic :o

Sorry, just had fears of going 2 times without seeing mine done in return. Looks fantastic smile.gif

thanks! I feel your apprehension though. Looks like I'll be one for three on people actually painting my chapter with this year's results.

As I went to take pics I dropped the Cam onto the model and it broke.

That's no excuse :) I was shaking a jug of PVA glue to get some out over the top of mine and cracked the things arms and backpack off with the impact. It was one of my "I can't be lieve I was so stupid as to do that" moments. My excuse was it was 2 in the morning.

It was one of my "I can't be lieve I was so stupid as to do that" moments.

That was my thought, with added expletives. It's a pain, arms came off, head rolled away. Luckily the backpack stayed on, so it could have been worse I suppose.

@ Alucard - I could show you the parts, however, such was the damage it would likely make any viewers cry out and begin worship of the Dark Gods, hence I wont. :)

@ Alucard - I could show you the parts, however, such was the damage it would likely make any viewers cry out and begin worship of the Dark Gods, hence I wont. :P

I can just picture it now, you praying to Tzeentch, selling your soul for his help in completing the model in time, then just as the deadline approaches that happens. Tzeentch cackling to himself in the Warp. :lol:

@ Alucard - I could show you the parts, however, such was the damage it would likely make any viewers cry out and begin worship of the Dark Gods, hence I wont. :P

I can just picture it now, you praying to Tzeentch, selling your soul for his help in completing the model in time, then just as the deadline approaches that happens. Tzeentch cackling to himself in the Warp. :D

I knew it...not only is Ferrus a Dancing Queen he's also a heretic! Loving the models recentkly uploaded guys. Well done! :P

Cambrius

Sweet little brother. To tell the truth I'm not sure how people paint that small details either, I've never painted one of my boys. Too afraid I'll stuff it up, I suppose. Anyway, awesome job on the dolphin and trident though. Actually inspires me to perhaps have a go at painting ome of these guys, but I dont know. Not sure what I'll be doing as far as models go. ;)

Anyway awesome job on the guy oh, and Ferrus, likely story. :(

I'd advise a warp summoning to get your cameras, T'zeentch has probably nicked them for his own nefarious ends. ;)

Well, the warp summoning didn't work ;) so I had to run to the store, buy a cheap disposable camera, snap a few pics, run back to have it developed, and then upload them onto my computer, so here they are.

(note: this is my first time taking pictures of mini's and that, combined with the cheapness of the camera, has resulted in horribily fuzzy pictures ;) . I am deeply sorry, and I must say that the Terminator looks much better in person. If I do find my digital camera, I will replace the pictures below with actually decent ones.)

gallery_45382_4545_1214.jpg

gallery_45382_4545_2803.jpg

These were the best two out of the entire roll. :ermm:

You can kinda see the chapter symbol, and the conversion I made (right handed Power Fist, left hand with Storm Bolter.)

Oh crap... I'm terribly sorry but i turns out i'm going to fail this. I have a couple of excuses, like a busy time with lots of work and familiy events and so on + i had to finish my own stuff for a small tournament...and also the chilly weather made me think priming by hand was a good idea untill the paint started to peal off and that made me sort of lose the spirit for pushing this thing. Yeah...i know, not really any great excuses, and once more, i'm terribly sorry ferrus for being such a loser. I won't make any more promises, but i'll try to make it up to you somehow a little later. Right now i guess i'll have to wear that sign of failure. Sorry.:)

Whew! :D I was feeling shameful for very similar reasons. But, I bought, converted, and started painting your Desert Eagle...so I may as well finish him. I'll post pics of him here, even if I have to necro the thread:)

Archived