Red Wolves (pic heavy)

thousandsons

Here are some of the guys I have finished for the army so far.

gallery_30980_4232_160196.jpg

gallery_30980_4232_255546.jpg

the only thing I did to this guy was give the wolf a beard to make it look more like my dog who is a Schnauzer. Its kind of a tribute because he died at the start of the year so I tried to make the wolf the same coloring as well.

gallery_30980_4232_145728.jpg

My first of three HQ units After reviewing these photos i think i need to take them on a all white back round because this mini looks a lot better in front of you. And maybe it will look good tearing into the foes of the false, I mean god emperor.

gallery_30980_4232_111998.jpg

gallery_30980_4232_153474.jpg

gallery_30980_4232_104041.jpg

wolf standard for the grey hunters.

gallery_30980_4232_724.jpg

gallery_30980_4232_266562.jpg

Melta gun guy

gallery_30980_4232_72170.jpg

gallery_30980_4232_213111.jpg

gallery_30980_4232_201573.jpg

Mr.Fist

I am working to finish one marine every two to three days this way I at least keep painting a little each day. Its slow to not batch paint but i like this way a little bit more. Ill have more to come. Comments and questions welcome!

-Thousandsons

I did not see what chapter they are related too on the lexicon just that they were codex ( and im not doing that lol ), that they fought some nightlords once and that there home planet was Blood Fall. Im not a huge fluff nut and im sorry if it might bother some people im more in it for fun I wanted to make a space wolves army and paint them something a bit diffrant. I would like to see where it says there a Iron Hands successor though even in the Codex space marines it says that the Iron Hands only had two second founding chapters and those are the Red Talons and Brazen Claws. as far as I can tell the only information on them is in the current Codex Space Marines and http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Wolves.

I guess im more of a fluff junky then I thought lol.

-thousandsons

Im doing the red wolves chapter. They are mentioned in 5th ed codex space marines and are in the how to paint space marines book. I deviated a bit from the coloring they have listed but that's because I am going to be making the 4th company or 7th company so I am using purple not black.

-thousand sons

look great ;) loving mr fist!!

found this on google, not sure how accurate it is though. i remember red wolves as a pic in 2nd ed in a painting guide :angry:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Wolves

thanks it dose help id love to know where they got that iron hand fluff though as the references they list do not have the second founding thing. I will be one of the ones that disputes them as a space wolf gene-seed though because i want to use that codex.

-Thousand sons

I was under the impression that the only 2nd founding SWs had was the Wolf Brothers and that they didn't have any other successor chapters due to genetic instability, ie. wulfen and whatnot. It doesn't matter though, it's your army and you can use whatever rules set you want for them.

Khrangar

your right but because I cant find a answer to wear there gene seed is from in print anywhere; I.E a codex, white dwarf or any other games workshop publication I am going to go with a cursed founding based off the space wolf gene seed or some such lost information. All that really matters to me right now is that I think these wolf model's look damn good in red! Thanks for the links on fluff thus far though I am still working out how to make it all fit together and it dose help.

-Thousand son

Archived