Random acts of Zsoulless

Zsoulless

That's wicked cool! I imagined more blue too, but somehow that still looks quite alright, like it belongs there. I also like the idea of subtle differences in shades from marine to marine.

Now, for some reason I feel bad for this, It feels like giving advise to a dog trainer when you have never owned a dog, but do you think the helm looks too light? Almost if the blend should stop at the top of the collar just to keep it that little bit darker. The collar down looks SWEET!

That's all I have to say other than keep up the great work!

Thanks Kimmerian! The head is a bit light but Im not sure its a detriment tho..

And Never feel Bad about giving Constructive criticism! :D

A little update..

camera really picked up on the blues in these pics...

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/IMG_6806.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/IMG_6808.jpg

A few spots are still kinda muddled..

Needs Touch ups...stars..Backpack.. Base..

[Edit: for Better Pics]

La De Da

i have no idea why but the bullet belt ammo on the gun doesnt look right but i spose thats a difference in opinion :cuss

other than that you have done some fantastic conversions and some amazing painting!

ill be watching closly as this is a superb collection of models

Now this thread is possessed by the lord of change. The concept is completely different yet better then what was going on last time I was here.

I really love the latest concept you have done. Thats to be expected cause I always wanted to blend blue and purple on a chaos marine.

Now my thoughts..

Are the stars too small? I kinda think so. But it still looks good. But the just look like dots.. i dunno I am crazy.

I also think this model would have more wow factor with running legs. Yes they are difficult to get in comparison but I think the legs let this model down.

The collar looks great the head is great, the pole arm is ok not 100% on that.

All of these are minor crits the model is ace.

i have no idea why but the bullet belt ammo on the gun doesnt look right but i spose thats a difference in opinion B)

Its probably because its not dynamically correct.. The ammo belt should be running flatter down his arm and it isnt.. Its a chain and your brain tells you it should act that way.. Its not so obvious when your looking down at the model but in these straight on photos its kinda off putting..

Dear me that painting is amazing, the blend of the colours looks flawless. The stars are really looking good, very, very impressive work! ^_^

Thanks Pulse! means alot, Ive been watching your star Lords project with much interest.

Are the stars too small? I kinda think so. But it still looks good. But the just look like dots.. i dunno I am crazy.

Still working on the stars.. so alot are still just Dots...

I also think this model would have more wow factor with running legs. Yes they are difficult to get in comparison but I think the legs let this model down.

I honestly dont think so... but Ill take it under consideration.. remember this isn't my Chaos Lord, or Aspiring Champion.. He Just the Paint test for my basic troop choice..

and Im not sure I want him to look like hes running head long into battle.. Plus I really dont want to go overboard on my Basic Marines.. I want something I can replicated again and again.. However I plan to have a number of heavily converted Terminators.. tho Im not sure ill have them running either..

I want to maintain an enchanted and Magical feeling while keeping with the pseudo Grey-Knights theme.. And working with the Contrast I have with the more common Dark Chaos themes I am considering Basing them on shiny White Marble bases instead of the original Lava bases... What do you all think?

Thanks Guys!

Not really making the stars "Bigger" just trying to give as many as I can a little hue or Twinkle..

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/IMG_6848.jpg

Anyhow Im working on the bases.. Plus Im building some shaping tools so I can produce all different sizes of scarab Gems easy..

been thinking of resin casting a few caster trinkets as well.. just little bitz like spell books, potion bottles, scroll bags, censers.. more so for my terminators but I may make enough to give each marine a trinket Item..

I Need to stop nitpicking and move on to the next couple models..

No big Ol updates..

Dont act surprised you should be used to it by now...

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/IMG_6863.jpg

I just used the stone floor stamps I made for my BT's and did a High gloss white marble paint scheme..

looks nice and clean alone.. should look Great In number..

As soon as I finish up a few side projects this should move along a little faster... Just have a few non-powerarmored builds going on right now..

Very nice work Zsouless, as always, your techniques keep getting better and better! Though you have gone to the dark side (not seeing you do orks anymore :lol: ), your always a pro at what you do. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Nose

Thanks Everyone!

Hey smallvictory! I Love your sculpted Tzeentch Daemon Prince! I want to sculpt a Skeksis inspired Daemon Prince at some point..

Nose! Yeah I know... I still look in now and again to see what everyone is doing over there.. loot ideas.. I love my Orks But I want build another army..

Brother Loring... To be Honest I just ran out of Space marine bits and couldn't justify going out and buying more when I have Boxes of chaos Bits laying about.. so long story short.. my Templars lost out to fiscal responsibility...

awesome blending! I think the stars look just right like this.. keeping in mind its a 28/30mm miniature supposed to represent an 8 foot tall monster. I think if you made them any bigger, they would distract my eyes away from the purple/blue blending which is definately worth being hypnotised by.

Tzeench has always been the most attractive to me if I were to start a Chaos marine army... I just realised you havent exactly "said" they would be followers of tzeench? Though heretical grey knights (magiks!) and the colors would make it the most logical choice for me to assume that ;)

I was going to say, if they were tzeench, I think the halbert and pistols strapped to their fists look a little too crude/bulky. I would expect more curves on them, make them look more aesthetic and fit in with the smooth paintjob.

But I guess this all depends on 'how long ago' they've switched to the other side. Can't expect the gods to reshape your weapons overnight.

That colour blending is incredible!

how many shades of each base colour did you have to create through mixing to get such a flawless result?

also can you provide some form of tutorial on how you did your golds because i simply love them.

Love the work, keep it up.

Thanks Guys!

Hey Deathwing70!

They are very much marines of Tzeentch.. and I am really trying to give a Nice Magical, Erudite Feel to them.. I Hope to keep both a scholarly and a knightly feel.. The Mage-Knights Of Tzeentch.. ((Ill work on a better Name...but you get my point I hope))

I kinda like the bulkiness of the weapons.. I even painted them to kinda contrast the rest of the Marine.. I dont know.. I just figured With the rest of the look being so light and sparkly, the only thing really connecting them to their grim spacemarine roots is the bulky weapons..

ThirtySixNights! Im not really sure how many layers I did.. I use a brush and wet pallet, and blend colors as I go.. I can tell you the colors I went through but I couldnt even guess at how many layers of color...

My Golds are still kinda rough so I would look at better examples of Nmm gold to figure out where and how you should Highlight your figures..

but the colors I use are Snakebite leather, Bubonic Brown, and skull white.. with Badab black ink washes at my darkest points.. If Im going more for a Bronze then I start with Bestial Brown and continue as I stated above.. I have seen a number of people just use Snakebite leather and add white as they go... But Its a learning process, the best way is to just go out and give it a try..

The marines and paint looks great. One thing i would suggest to tie the pikes into the rest of the model is to give them parchment like you've done to your marines. They are such ornate paint schemes with this majestic aura but the plain pike drags their image down.

Keep up the good work. The starts look great and the marble bases are WIN.

Thanks for the comments!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/IMG_6888.jpg

No I haven't changed my Mind again........ Ive been asked to do a few Cyborg body parts for this guys Iron hands..

Its just tacked on... and it still needs detail work..

They will be fiddly little bits... Figured I would show you all the start of an arm..

Anyhow.. left arms, right arms, a few sets of legs... should be fun...

Heh! Point taken..

But Im going to get a bunch of much needed bits in trade for these..

Besides Im still painting my own mini while Im at it..

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/IMG_6893.jpg

Archived