Gerrie's Golden Bolters work in progress

Gerrie

Oh My God!

this is simply incredible! i absolutely love that streaky style of painting it is amazing!

<insert one tutorial to continue>

Shame it's my style! :lol:

There's a tutorial on my site.

I too will be entering a unit of Deathwing ;)

you can find a more in depth tutorial for the same type of armour here, this piece did win a daemon(much to my surprise)...that doesnt mean this is how it should be done, just that the methods were used on a competition piece, so they can work in this instance(and work fine for armies as thats what i initially painted it for)

the tutorial starts on page 2 i believe

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...gle+dreadnought

As for the terminators, the armour looks good, could use more variation to spice it up so its not so even and plain, you can get ideas of what i mean in the above tutorial...im not suggesting those colours necessarily, but a similiar idea in terms of adding colour/shading etc

the main problem is you have a more "realistic" effect on the armour and then go for bright saturated cartoony red(and green?) on the details...it looks a little off, and inconsistent in terms of techniques used...Its a very high contrast, and it really draws away from the armor and the rest of the model

a bit late i know, but im throwing it out there :)

Alex

I like the green cruxes, a nice twist! :)

And they go well together with the red sumbols. Your green stuff, is that done by a mold? Or oare you just a demi-good of GS? :)

The lenses are coming out beautifully and the paintstyle is looking real good my friend.

Can't wait to see 'em all purdy and done for the show :D

++ Edit ++ Ooops, didn't read all through, saw that the question about the GS/mold had already been asked and answered :P

• 2 weeks later...

Figures are done... I'll take pictures tonight and submit my entry.

I'd like to show my finished figures here, but am I allowed to display my finished minis online prior to entering the contest? I think so but I'll double check just to be sure ^_^

Archived