Apothecary Equipment

DarkKnightCuron

Sorry to bother ya'll with an odd question, but it has been brought up several times in my local gaming group thus far, and I'd like to ask for an outside look at it. Can Apothecaries take wargear and weaponry like the rest of the models in the Command Squad entry in the new SM Codex?

Any Veteran may replace his....

The unit contains 4 Veterans and 1 Apothecary (who has his Narthecium in addition to the Veteran wargear). As much as I'd like to say otherwise, the medic has the standard list and can't have wargear, otherwise he'd be 'Veteran with a Narthecium'. Boltgun or bolt pistol it is for him, I'm afraid.

i have heard srguments both ways, but i have to agree with the last poster, you have to use strcit RAW and sadly hes not a veteran hes an apothecary.

The same works with scouts and scout sergeants they are different and have different wargear options.

If it had said "any model may..." youd be laughing <_<

Gc08

Nope. All the wargear options in the entry state that any Veterans may take the items, but in the same entry it states: 1 Apothecary and 4 Veterans, clearly marking him as seperate.

He's too busy dishing out the paracetamol so they feel no pain. Get it? Feel no pain? Like the rule.

Thank you very much, I'm here all week. :D

Nope. All the wargear options in the entry state that any Veterans may take the items, but in the same entry it states: 1 Apothecary and 4 Veterans, clearly marking him as seperate.

He's too busy dishing out the paracetamol so they feel no pain. Get it? Feel no pain? Like the rule.

Thank you very much, I'm here all week. :)

He said BA matey - we have different rules ;)

edit: unless you didnt bother to read the posts in the thread and just responded to the OP. IF so- nothing to see here, and move on ;)

Thank you very much, I'm here all week. :lol:

edit: unless you didnt bother to read the posts in the thread and just responded to the OP. IF so- nothing to see here, and move on :)

I dont want to sound like a smart arse myself, but the post referring to BA was a response to the OP and not a question, therefore it was he that was off topic and Cadarns humour was therefore well placed..

Just my 0.02 not trying to upset anyone ;)

Thank you very much, I'm here all week. :)

edit: unless you didnt bother to read the posts in the thread and just responded to the OP. IF so- nothing to see here, and move on ;)

I dont want to sound like a smart arse myself, but the post referring to BA was a response to the OP and not a question, therefore it was he that was off topic and Cadarns humour was therefore well placed..

Just my 0.02 not trying to upset anyone ;)

Yup. And?? :lol:

No one took issue with the OP, the BA addendum (which was a nice addendum for people that may confuse the two- hence an adequate clarification rather than a topic) or greatcrusade's comment after.

I merely made him aware that his comment followed another posters comment - and as a result looked like he was (incorrectly) disagreeing. Even mentioned that if he wasnt refering to that comment then it was all good (hence the "nothing to see here" ^^; ).

Dont think anyone is upset at all ;)

Archived