Techmarine gunner

chaplainmeliadus

Yes, he is a proper techmarine, so can have servitors, can bolster defenses at the beginning of the game, and if the TF is destroyed, can wander off scratching his ear and telling you that it needs a new carburetor, should have parts by next wednesday, etc.

Honestly, I dont think he does count for servitors. Hes a techmarine gunner, not a techmarine, and by raw thats an important difference. He can bolster defences and do repairs because they are in his special rules under the thunderfire cannon entry on page 142. Of course on pg 73 they list him as a just plain techmarine to muddy the watters a little on us (yay inconsistancy). I personly tend to consider the army list to be superior though. Either way I dont think many folk will begrudge you your servitors in a freindly game. In a tournament you had better ask the organiser though.

And even if he could take the Servitors he would not be able to join them. The Techmarine gunner is not an IC until the gun is destroyed.

Right, so the Servitors would be nothing more than a less-than-stellar firing base until the TFC was popped...if they survived that long. They don't have ATSKNF without the Techmarine with them, so pop one or two of them and watch them flee off the table. =(

The unit listing for the Thunderfire Cannon is "Thunderfire Cannon", not "Techmarine" or "Master of the Forge", which is why I would say that no, the gunner does not allow purchase of servitors.

White the gunner might become an IC if he survives the destruction of his cannon, that really shouldn't allow the purchase of Servitors as the gunner is bought as part of the Thunderfire Cannon unit entry.

Archived