Wolfwing 1750p

capt.nuss

• 2 weeks later...
Just out of boredom, i added some scouts.

The conversion is very very easy, and i like the look - fits the army very well.

Love them too.

Wich colours did you use for the furs? That brown really fits with the armour.

Oh well if u like those, you'll LOVE the Thunderwolves. :P

i'll proudbly get a headshot for being a mr precise but if these were scouts i would remove/remodel that chainmail. it's quite, unstealthy...

Probably right. But nothing i would like to invest precious time into....

Chainmail looks nice, and lets just imagine its a very stealthy version of future high tech adamantium chainmail.

Wich colours did you use for the furs?

Just bestial brown, brushed with some bleahed bone mixed in. Then you give it the usual wash with devaln mud that the armour gets anyway, and thats about it. One could make it more fancy, but to get a consistent look quickly is indeed a priority for me too.

Oh well if u like those, you'll LOVE the Thunderwolves. ^_^

I cant wait to see them... :D

When you finish dont forget to take an army pic, as its gonna be a fantastic view.

Just bestial brown, brushed with some bleahed bone mixed in. Then you give it the usual wash with devaln mud that the armour gets anyway, and thats about it. One could make it more fancy, but to get a consistent look quickly is indeed a priority for me too.

Thanks for that.

PS: We do not forget that faces tutorial.. :lol: ;)

I love the runes on the rhino, how did you paint those, if you don't mind my asking.

Hey, well ist quite easy to make ur Rhino a Runeo.

First stepas are as usual - basic painting, washing aso, but leave out the details, and the battle damage so far.

Then go for a dark brown (i used bestial with a drop of black) and first paint on the outer 'frames'. As orientation: just connect the rivets on the rhino, they make the corners in my example too.

Fix the unclarities directly and carefully with the basic colour again, long straight lines in freehand can easyly lead to lil mistakes.

Then with same colour, just paint circular parts of various size and orientation. Thats really easy, as tehre is no 'right' or 'wrong', as long you get a smooth looking line done. Do as many as you see fit, so that it looks harmonic more or less.

After that, you go on with a lighter colour (bestial with a tiny nip of yellow here), and repaint the lines. But not everywehre - leave some areas dark. It does not really matter where they are, dont care for reflections n stuff. We are not physicians after all, we want it to look sexy.

If you look at the front of my runeo, you'll see that i chose there to leave the lower outer corners dark, as well as the upper part of the middle. Just as example, u can decide on your own.

Now go even lighter with a yellower mix, and for the last steps, mix in some white for the shine. That last step is not painted in the middle of the light areas, but on one of the edges, to create a sharply defined "border" between light & dark. This way, it looks slightly metallic.

As a last step and with the lightest colour and a fit brush (with good tip), i'd recommend to set a accent on all lines, especially the dark ones. All accents to one side of course. Hard to see on the pics....

Whats so good about that!?

You cover large areas of a vehicle with relatively easy to paint freehands, that look like it took days. U neednt be a genius do do that, as you dont have to care for any proportion, perspective aso..... its more or less only taking 'craftmansship'

And it will work for a raider as good as it does for a speeder.

U know, the consistency and 'fit-together' look in an army is key to mini-sexyness. At least on a table. Imagine an mech Ultras force, with any kind of blue vehicles, and that scheme as decoration. Might look mighty fine.

It also works for any other colour Mix, depending on what you want on the rhino. For Ultras or EC i'd go with gold too, but many other Legions would look good with blueisch or grey, or red.....

If something was unclear, just ask.

I have one question though when you Airbrush do you use water as thinner for your paint or some special medium ?

Plain & simple water.

But u could use airbrush paint thinner, as well as acrylic, if u want a more 'transsparent' appearance.

Please tell me you enter golden demons on a regular basis, as without any patronizing intended, you could wipe em all away in my opinion.

Very polite of you, but im definitely good enough in painting to know: I have NO chance at all in a GD competition. ^_^

But thats not that bad, the time it would need for a serious entry is in my eyes better invested in painting up a nice looking tt army.

If u wanna see somethign goldendeamonish: look into the Thread around here from lunchbox. Thats a standard i'll never ever achieve.

P.S. How long have you been doing this?

around 4 years now

Man thats amazing you got some amazing freehand skills. Just one last question before I start spraying myself. Do you spray the marines with the backpack attached or seperate ?

And if you have any tips for a first time airbrushes those would be very welcome :D

• 3 months later...

Hey all, some more steps here this week, and today i'll show a bit of the pod for the Wolfwing.

As you see we have a guy on Thudnerwolf, one looking grim, one charging, and one with heavy Bolter; the fifth side is still to come, not sure what i will put there.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0104-3.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0103-1.jpg

Any comments, complaints, or ideas for side no. 5, just post here....

Hey all, some more steps here this week, and today i'll show a bit of the pod for the Wolfwing.

As you see we have a guy on Thudnerwolf, one looking grim, one charging, and one with heavy Bolter; the fifth side is still to come, not sure what i will put there.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0104-3.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0103-1.jpg

Any comments, complaints, or ideas for side no. 5, just post here....

My drop pods are in the post lol. That looks amazing.

Archived