new rules?

Sgt. Farney

Terminators can move and shoot heavies. Chaos codex explicitly says this, the new Marine dex makes them relentless which includes the ability to move and shoot heavies.

Terminators can move and shoot heavies. Chaos codex explicitly says this, the new Marine dex makes them relentless which includes the ability to move and shoot heavies.

It's even better, as the Relentless rule states they can shoot heavy and rapid-fire weapons counting as stationary, even if they moved that turn, and they can assault in that turn as well.

Relentless models can't shoot when disembarking from a non-Assault vehicle (i.e. a Rhino) but they can shoot as if stationary from the hatch. =) This doesn't affect terminators, but it does affect PA'd models with Relentless (e.g. Thousand Sons proper, creepy ghost Space Marines, etc).

It's even better, as the Relentless rule states they can shoot heavy and rapid-fire weapons counting as stationary, even if they moved that turn, and they can assault in that turn as well.

Relentless models can't shoot when disembarking from a non-Assault vehicle (i.e. a Rhino) but they can shoot as if stationary from the hatch. =) This doesn't affect terminators, but it does affect PA'd models with Relentless (e.g. Thousand Sons proper, creepy ghost Space Marines, etc).

Do you mean Relentless models can't assault after getting out of a non-Assault vehicle? Because every unit can shoot out after getting out of a vehicle, they just count of moving. If they're Relentless, they just get to single tap rapid fire weapons or fire heavies after getting out. But they still can't assault.

Do you mean Relentless models can't assault after getting out of a non-Assault vehicle? Because every unit can shoot out after getting out of a vehicle, they just count of moving. If they're Relentless, they just get to single tap rapid fire weapons or fire heavys after getting out. But they still can't assault.

I do in fact mean that Relentless models cannot assault after disembarking from a transport that has moved in the current turn. I went looking for this specifically because this thread made me think Thousand Sons had a whole new ballgame...but nay. =(

The rules for transports state specifically that if the transport has moved in the current turn, then the unit may disembark, but it counts as having moved and cannot move itself in the Movement phase. It can shoot, but it cannot assault. It says, literally, "After disembarking, these models may shoot (counting as moving), but may not assault."

The Relentless rule does not say anything about assaulting after disembarking from a transport; that is, it doesn't contradict that rule. So they can disembark and shoot as if not having moved (fire rapid fire weapons single-tap at 24", fire heavy weapons), but it doesn't say that "They can assault whether the transport they disembarked from has moved or not."

Archived