Daemon Prince (wings)

Requiemnex

So.. I play Iron Warriors (Suprise) I have read the "Storm of Iron" book and know about the warsmith and his dead sexy wings of "shadow" I was just wondering what other people are using as wings as the errata states a daemon prince MUST BE MODELED with wings if he is given the upgrade.

If you have ideas PLEASE let me know where you found the wings. I have been looking all over for something that looks more mechanical or less like your normal average "bat wings"

I have even debated ripping off archangel (X-Men) wings and finding a way to green stuff them on lol.

Chillin since you are like always there brother.. What do you think about using his current backpack and then some how greenstuffing on either a cut in two raptor back or two raptor packs one on each side... Its going to make the model huge but no bigger than putting wings on him.

The other i had was kind of a funny one and use two sides of rhinos.. Greenstuff them onto parts of his arms sort of like the old wearing boards on your arms and flapping like a chicken will make you fly.. :(

Yeah it is not about wings.. I have seen many wings that look awesome but fluff wise.. I do not want to put dragon wings on him.. I actuall have the old Orc Wyvern wings that would fit perfect but the problem is I would rather have something that looks more iron warrior esk..

Before the flames begin.... Read the last 10 pages of "Storm of Iron". The warsmith lifts of the ground with his giant wings of black oily shadow as he ascends into a daemon prince.

. What do you think about using his current backpack and then some how greenstuffing on either a cut in two raptor back or two raptor packs one on each side...

Looked at my dread, was thinking maybe his smk stacks (or whtever they are) turned upside down, so it looks more like a jet pack. You would have to GS it out away from his back some to get it past his "hips". Then some triangle shape cut outta plastic & GS'ed to the "jumppack" not big like wings, but like the fins on the bottom of a rocket.

If I were to use the rapter pack, I would do the 1 cut in two thing, those things are pretty big and I think one whole raptor pack on on each side (making 4 rockets) would just be too much, those things are pretty big.

SM Drop Pods and Ork Trukks have plenty of parts.

I've seen lots of things kitbashed from these two boxsets.

I would think you could use the drop pod doors or even better the "vanes" in arrangement a bit like:

---\ /---

---\/---

Cheers, Paul.

Now, I know this is not what you are looking for, but " giant wings of black oily shadow" don't translate all that well to plastic/metal figurines! ;)

Obvious inspiration aside, I was going for something that looked a little mean, fast and sleak to fit my army theme. (Yes, for those that might have seen my "trike-nought" before, this is version 2.0, very WIP)

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5148/dpwings005.jpg http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/dpwings005.jpg/1/w730.png

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2681/dpwings006.jpg http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/dpwings006.jpg/1/w730.png

The point I'm trying to reach here, is that a more mecha-industrial look might fit more the IW theme. So something plane-like with big badass rocket boosters coming out of the back of the model could look pretty cool.

If you are dead set on a more smoky/in movement-like, then making them out of green stuf from scratch might be the only option... :P

I'm sure there are tutorials on the web for creating the illusion of movement with greenstuff.

Anyways, whatever you come up with, show us some pics! :P

For IW 'Wings', look up Chronophague's Daemon Prince in the PC&A.

That is almost exactly what I was thinking.. hahaha Nice...... YOINK!!! =)

I was going to do one on either side.. or do the actuall backpack top and then green stuff on two backpacks on the ends..

dunno if this helps but here is a side shot of mine. I made it from a cut down marine land speeder with part of the defiler cannon to help give it a tip, then i also put trimmed back marine jump pack boosters on both his legs for directional thrusters

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/seraphile/iwdp4.jpg

Dude.. For serious! That daemon prince looks friggen amazing. I was looking at it on another forum.. I really like it.. Complete custom.

I have decided and will have the models to do conversions on Friday.. I am going to use Two raptor backpacks on his current backpack spot. Little bit of green stuff to make it look like he can angle them to go in whatever direction he wants to go in.

Archived