Salamander Tactical Squad 2

I am Legion

They are supposed to be scales, but I didn't have the talent to paint them. Instead I came up with a wicked excuse and called it camo. And now I prefer it to the less controlled scales pattern.

I couldn't find anything that I would really like to use except for the lizardmen shields and I don't have the talent to do anything besides cloaks and capes so I can't make dragon helmets like I wanted. And the wings are there because I like wings and these were awesome. Don't worry the rest will go on my Blood Angels. Besides Marines are known as the Angels of Death anyway. So it still fits I guess.

I couldn't find anything that I would really like to use except for the lizardmen shields and I don't have the talent to do anything besides cloaks and capes so I can't make dragon helmets like I wanted.

*Cough cough* One of your friends is looking for Commisions :P

But on a more serious note I like em. You keep pumping these boys out like this and you'll have the army done in no time.

Listen Bob, if you can make/find something silmilar to the final fantasy series dragoon helmets then I'll pay you a finders fee/pay per part. But if you want to work on something I'll certainly give a yay or nay. I know you're really good at conversion work, but I'm very particular about the way things need to look.

c-wrex - the green was really easy - blk/drk grn/snot/snot/tharaka wash

They look really nice. One thing im a little dissapointed with is that you obviously have the tallent to paint on the salamanders symbol and yet you use those horrible transfers.

give painting the symbol a go. once you have done a few i recon you will do fine.

Just going over some of the clear areas of the transfer with the base color might help. I've seen it done it WDs to good effect, but I've never tried it. I would also hazard a guess that the tutorials section has a transfer thread with some hints.

The models look great so far.

IMHO, the best way to do transfers (and I've not done this on 40k minis, only on scale models) is to apply a thin coat of Future Floor Polish ("Pledge with Future Shine", now, I think) to the entire panel where the transfer will be placed. Let it cure, then apply the transfer, and allow to dry, and add a final thin coat of Future over the transfer. Once that's cured, you can brush on a bit of dullcoat and voila.

I believe that the reason this works is that Future, I'm told, acts like a solvent on itself, softening the initial coat and merging it with the topcoat, producing a uniform, level, crystal-clear layer with the transfer trapped in the middle. It will also improve the clarity of the transfer's clear parts to degrees unthinkable - I've seen the stuff used to hide sanding/filing marks on clear plastic, and it makes the work utterly invisible.

Archived