Frost Weapon Str bonus

Jarl Bloodwolf

there has been alot of angry wolf players out their because do t the wording in the new codex it says that a frost weapon adds plus 1 to the characters strength and since they are one handed weapons many people think that they can take 2 and have plus 2 strength. then people get angry and say its not cumulative but i cant find where it says that in the rule book (i have the little one from the assault on black reach box). it just says under close combat weapons that if a model has two of the same special weapon he uses the rules for bolth weapons (that may not be worded exactly right) anyone know what page its on?

The rule is on page 42, the one with the close combat weapons, but it could have been made clearer.

The entry for having two special CCWs is not refering to multiple weapons, just one weapon.

"Two of the same special weapon" <-- Singular

"All of their attacks (...) use the special weapon's bonuses and penalties." <-- Singular

"the weapon's bonuses" refers to a single weapon. For multiple weapons it would be "the weapons' bonuses"

Compare it to the entry for "A normal and a Special Weapon": "All of their attacks (...) benefit from the special weapon's bonuses."

It uses the same term ("weapon's"), and is specifically only refering to the one single special weapon that model is using.

Yeah.... half of them couldnt even find amicus Isiah.... they were that fresh from the camps. And most of them didnt know grammar either, so trying to use it as an argument was... painful.

oh ok i got it now. thank you brothers their are some pups at my gaming club who are going to be throughly cowed now. they wouldent listen and i couldent find were it said it

Legatus nailed in one post what took 16 pages to finally convince people of in the SW forum.

*sighs* Bloodclaws....

Well it probably helps we had a near identical question involving a pair of wolfclaws just a few days ago, so all the research was pre-done by our hard working battle brothers of the Legio Official Rules

Archived