Papercraft Space Marine

Pizzasemmel

Well i don't know if this fits in here but it is Warhammer and i figuered some people could like it

For those of you who don't know what papercraft is, short description.

Papercraft is about realizing 3d modells with paper. There are special programms that help you with converting the 3d data into a pattern you can then print out. This is followed by endless hours of cutting, bending and glueing. But hey, everything in life has a price.

The measuremnts in the pic are: height 14", width 10.4" and depth 6.5"

gallery_49861_4187_132320.jpg

Cool, I like it. Do you have the templates for it around somewhere?

Yes i do have them. But you need a special programm to view them (and then print) but can download both those things.

The programm needed (are links allowed in posts or do i have to PM them?): Pepakura Viewer

And the pattern Space Marine pattern papercraft

I used normal printer paper, which makes assembly easier (even at that size there are parts which are extremly small, for example the fingers) but the colours suffer a bit from it.

And you can't use coated paper (like inkjet photopaper) because it would make glueing a total mess

I take it that the 3D model was taken right out of Dawn of War? The wireframe seems changed a bit to accommodate the paper representation but the textures look identical to me.

=][= Discussing the technology & process around this is fine but not the propagation of the resulting models, files or templates. I believe we post on this subject enough where that’s clear. Note that creating such a model for private use ceases to become private when it’s distributed. =][=

So I would request that the topic keep within that boundary moving forward.

Thank you. –The Management

=][= Discussing the technology & process around this is fine but not the propagation of the resulting models, files or templates. I believe we post on this subject enough where that’s clear. Note that creating such a model for private use ceases to become private when it’s distributed. =][=

then 2 posts later

I have the template but I never have the time to build it.

There is also a bolter in a box with "In case of Tyranid break the glass" on it .

here

:)

• 9 months later...
That looks really neat. Can you print different colors and squad markings or is it limited to the one design?

the first one only has a template for the blood ravens. the one i linked to came with over 150 different textures to choose from. the default is chapter and tactical symbols for the shoulders, but other squad marking are provided.

Archived