3rd Heavy slot choice

minigun762

• 1 month later...
Bringing this topic back for a moment, I'm starting to feel that trying to include a long range firepower asset into a Chaos list is counter-productive. Both the Termicide and Vindicator options presented seem to be more in line with the general Chaos tactic of be aggressive and threatening to your opponent.

Bringing this topic back for a moment, I'm starting to feel that trying to include a long range firepower asset into a Chaos list is counter-productive. Both the Termicide and Vindicator options presented seem to be more in line with the general Chaos tactic of be aggressive and threatening to your opponent.

Nothinh against Vindi and Termies but I'm not following you here. How is I can pop your transport from 48 inches or I can stun-lock (at the least) any heavy from turns 1 to 6 not aggressive/threatening? If your opponent has a tri-las pred or worse vendetta for example it will make your defilers feeling very exposed. If your opponent has a Russ or Prism any troops outside of a transport will feel very exposed. Its great to be aggressive, but its a huge risk to commit without a reliable counter to these possible issues early in the game. Termicide can be great for the price, but it takes some luck and obviously at best works once. The Vindi is best for troops, which I doubt are much of an issue for CSM, especially with 2 defilers. For these reasons I never leave home without at least one of Oblits, Havocs, or a Pred. Most of my army is still best when inside 12 inches, but I still really like being able to shoot scary stuff right on turn 1.

How is I can pop your transport from 48 inches or I can stun-lock (at the least) any heavy from turns 1 to 6 not aggressive/threatening? Most of my army is still best when inside 12 inches, but I still really like being able to shoot scary stuff right on turn 1.

That was my inital thought but it seemed that its harder then I thought to maintain a solid firebase. With the rest of my army moving forward, I'm worried about a single static element that is left behind by itself.

@ minigun762 :

Are you buying a rhino for those havocs ?

If not , aren't you concerned about DoW setup games ?

They may lose up to two turns of shooting to setup somewhere nice ( ideally , high ground , in ruins type terrain ).

At some point I was considering TLC Preds without sponsons . Mobile - anti -tank - 13 front armor - you may cover its sides with rhinos ( havoc launchers ? )

Archived