Assault Squads and Plasma Pistols

Captain Hajime

Ok reading the C:SM, it seems that for ever five men in an assault Squad you may have a Plasma Pistol or Flamer replace the bolt pistol of one marine. now the Sgt. may replace his bolt pistol with a plama pistol. does that mean in an Assault Squad of ten, it is legal to have three plasma psitols one on the Sgt. and two on the normal guys?

It's not wrong, but it's usefulness is suspect. I used to run 2-3 plasma pistols a squad of 10 in my BA army but I cut them out completely. A plasma pistol costs 15 points. It's mostly useful against MEQ armies and that's a 50% chance of wounding per shot, more or less. So unless you shoot it twice a game, it won't make its points back, which doesn't happen all too often. I'd rather have another Power Weapon somewhere if I can. Which is completely unrelated to what you asked so I'll stop right there.

Also don't forget that plasma weapons are pretty nifty against light armour, especially transports. Shoot the Trukk/Rhino/Chimera with the chance of popping it and exposing the troops within. You can then assault the troops if you can force them to disembark. Its the only time when you can assault a different unit to the one you shot at. Of course, if you fail to kill it then you can move in with the Kraks, Meltas and fists or any other armour busting weapons you have, but these won't allow you to target the unit inside.

Uh, why?

RoV

that a lot of 12 inch fire power!

3 shots?, if thats wrong devastator squads must be the incarnation of evil itself, and long fangs must be so wrong even the devil is shaking his head in shame.

cus really its rubbish, and a waste of allot of points

Archived