Flamercide

Requiemnex

Against nids, do you think this would be viable? In my campaign there are two nid players and one plays Zilla and the other plays gaunt spam. I am wondering if 3 deepstriking terminators with 2 combi flamers and 1 heavy flamer would be a good idea.. Drop in and template the hell out of something.

I brought up this same topic a few months ago and the overall feeling was that while its doable, its less useful then normal Termicide.

That being said, its definately viable in my eyes, 2 groups of Combi-Melta Termicide and one Flamercide squad will still only cost you 315 points and be fun little packets of joy for your opponent.

Note: there was some discussion about whether or not you could fire all 3 templates at the same target without overlapping onto a friendly model and I haven't tried it to see if thats the case.

Having said all that, if it was up to me, I'd probably just take a 4 man squad with 3 Combi-Meltas and a Heavy Flamer. Remember you do still have your Bolters and you should be within rapid fire range.

It will work great. The downside.... your marines can take tons of flamers and accomplish the same thing. You want the termicide for taking out big expensive stuff. How many guants would you have to kill to pay for the squad? 21 if they are 5pts a peice, and that is assuming just 3 termies w/ flamers, nothing special. You would have to get 10 under each template to statistically kill 7 guants per termy which is what you need to be points effective. On the other hand, how many leman russ do you have to kill? .75 How about LRs? .5(you earn your points back times 2;) ) How about carnifex's.... probably 1. Enemy terminators... 3. Demon princes... 1.

Termicide is meant for the big scary.... expensive stuff. Leave flamers in your troop squads.

With my terminators I normally take 3 combi meltas and a heavy flamer. HF just for situations like this. But the more common situation is needing the meltas. Against nids I would say combi plas would be the way to go. You can kill the little bugs with bolters, flamers in troop squads, etc. You need DSing termicide units for the big scary things, and you want plasma going up against them :D or for tanks and you want melta for that.

With my terminators I normally take 3 combi meltas and a heavy flamer. HF just for situations like this. But the more common situation is needing the meltas.

Great minds think alike no?

It must be our shrewd paranoid calculating personalities. :D

Probably so. That heavy flamer has come in handy a few times. Do you throw a chainfist on the heavy flamer guy? I do that in addition just in case I'm dropping on a walker and it doesn't die from the meltas.

To be honest though I don't use my termies as much for termicide as just support. They almost always drop right next to chaos marines and add their firepower where needed, and they live through most battles so there isn't much suicidal about it.

As much as I really like the chainfist option do you really think it is viable on the HF? I have two models unaccounted for and I am trying to figure out how to model them. I looked at the whole magnet thing and sadly i do not have enough time before my next match to build, paint, base and then play.

As much as I really like the chainfist option do you really think it is viable on the HF? I have two models unaccounted for and I am trying to figure out how to model them. I looked at the whole magnet thing and sadly i do not have enough time before my next match to build, paint, base and then play.

Competitively, I think you'd want to model the Chainfist on another unit, so as not to lose both weapons in a single shot.

Of course I would go with both the Chainfist and Heavy Flamer on the same guy, just because it looks cooler and it creates a kind of "squad leader" look that I like.

I like the CF on the same guy as the HF because the turn they arrive the melta guys are likely going to be firing their meltas. The HF guy on the other hand sitll has a weapon he can fire so when taking casualties it makes it easier to pick who dies. The downside is when you have to take individual saves for each guy.

There' not much point in flamercide because, our basic troops with flamers can accomplish much more. CSM's basic wargear of bolter, bp, and ccw means that they can just gun the gaunt swarms and then hold for a charge and expect to come out on top most of the time. Melta or plasma termicides, with maybe a power or chainfist thrown in for a point filler will allow you to pick a few wounds off the monstrous creatures and maybe put a wound on them in close combat as well.

Melta/plasma termicides add something that your troops can't do: the ability to damage MC's quickly and ot have to worry if the unit doing the hitting dies.

Flamer termicides don't add much because anything they can do CSM's or Havoks can do better.

Archived