FW Duel Avatar vs Keeper of Secret.

Bergtorp

Greetings fellow gamers.

I have been planning for some time now a really big project. An duel between an FW Avatar and the FW Keeper of Secret. Quite massive. I've figured out the core setup for these models but there is one big problem which I now encountered. The base. The base will probebly quite big and I don't really know how I should make it. Should there be a corpse ridled battlefield, an ancient temple or some thing else. Some of my first thoughts were about daemonic ground under the daemon and scorced marked earth under the Avatar.

Can all the modelling and painting masters out there help me out a little, and I'll do my best to create a grand masterpiece which I can display here and maybe somewhere else.

You, my good friend, are quite,quite mad.

The thing is an eldar avatar is an exarch young king and so would not be sacrificed unless they were about to march to great war. This means that there must be many enemies and many Eldar on the base as otherwise it would not be realistic. Another thing is trying to make the poses realistic. I think your best bet would be to go for the moment just as the duel is about to start due to poses. Another thing is to consider who is winning the rest of the fight, daemons (in which case there would have to be some space around the avatar as they would already be dead) or eldar (in which case it would be the same but eldar shying form the greater daemon of the god they helped to create). I would hate a lack of footsoldiers or a it could go either way scenario with no footsoldiers ripping into the enemy.

I would also like a guardian shooting at the greater daemon if possible. If you actually finish this take it to golden daemon and also post it on here in WIP forum because it would be awseome

You could use the temple of skulls and have like a river of blood going around it and then use a photo frame to , well, frame it

Also your pose sounds awesome, in battle scenes are so mush cooler than two guys pointing at each other ^_^ . yea have a few foot soldiers fighting each other as well. Maybe

Good luck, have fun and don't screw it up ;)

I'd like to agree with the first poster, you are definitely on the far side of insane :lol: .

I'd also like to agree that the scene wouldn't look right without other forces fighting beneath them, deamonettes, guardians, aspect warriors, and maybe farseers, warlocks and Slaaneshi Marines.

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.ph...2&start=150

The diorama in that forum sort of resembles what I imagined you meant with your pose. Albeit, with less tongue flailing, and your proposed "Avatar grabbing the KoS's neck".

If you are good with modeling putty, I think doing something like having the lower two arms grasping at the arm holding its neck and the upper pair hefting a sword would look suitably nice.

Best of luck with this, and I hope to see it when it's completed :D !

KHK

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody.

To prove that I wasn't joking when I started this thread here are some pictures.

Now with the models in hand I've met with some problems.

The Avatar has to short arms, as you can see in these pictures, or his weapon is too long, but you can't have a to long weapon :lol:. My consept with the Avatar holding the KoS throat is a little thrown out of the window. Now I'm thinking about either him holding the KoSs head tentacles or modelling a whip in KoS left hand which he can hold. The Avatar is supposed to in the next second throw the spear in KoSs face.

How those this sound?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/Bergtorp/Dioramas/diorama3.gif

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/Bergtorp/Dioramas/diorama1.gif

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/Bergtorp/Dioramas/diorama2.gif

I think that in terms of narrative it's an excellent idea mate, Slaanesh vs. the Eldar is so, so fluffy! :)

In terms of actually making the duel look like a dynamic action shot as opposed to a stand-off, I think you'll have a bit of a harder time without compromising the excellent sculpts. As for the base I don't think it particularly matters about having swarms of their respective underlings being shown; I find the idea of the two powerful enemies singling each other out far more...well...awesome! :)

I look forward to seeing how this progresses, I love dioramas!

Wicked, how much conversion work are you going to do, one of the most important things in a duel diorama, is the interaction between the two models. If they are just standing in front of each other, than you have to create the atmosphere using the scenery around them.

I agree with the above ^^ that the deamon looks too tall to be in a choke hold, unless you're going to put her on her knees or some other modded pose? Other option is to put the Avatar on some raised scenery to level up their heads - maybe a runined temple to stay in keeping with the summoning of daemons / avatars, etc..

Sounds like a great piece though - love the spear. Keep up the good work! :)

Yes but only in term of the fight not the models. There was a duel that pitted a guardsmen against a carnifex that won a demon if I remember correctly.

If you're referring to the one where the guardsman is holding a demo charge, and is charging a carnifex, it was entered in the open competetion due to several other minis on the display (a lot of gaunts actually)

as for the current duel, I must say I love the idea. If you're going for the whip thing, have it tied around the avatars hand, so that it looks like he's been pulling the daemon in, that would IMO be a nice touch. Good luck with it all, and I'll be watching this.

Luther..

Ouchy, that's serious project here !

Hmmm its a very good idea but as I see things, you'll need a looooong base to respect the dynamism of both "forward going" minis. Putting them too close would ruin the effect.

A lone guardian wounded on the floor between them could add some drama, or two armies charging... Dunno if this is possible according to the "duel" rules.

DS

Archived