Wysiwyg and Csm

Cyresh

I was wondering about one thing concerning our regular csm and modeling them namely: i assemble my Csm squads with bolters and chainswords ( i like the dynamic and badass feel that gives the models) Could anyone actually have any objections to the models since they have both bolters bolt pistols and chainswords for the basic points? (i know some stores are really picky bout wysiwyg on thier game nights)

On a sidenot the spacewolves codex features picts with minis assembled the same way.

Yep, that is perfectly fine, there might be some really anal people out there who demand you model everything but those people are rare and they tend to just do it themselves rather than enforce it upon others.

Have fun!

And they would have no recourse in the rulebook if they did complain.

I always liked the idea of halberds/axes with pistols on the end.

So easy to do with the berzerker models. Remove the pistol, make it become the head of the chainaxe and extend it a little. Put a bolter where you removed the pistol.

As correctly stated all additional wargear/options must be modelled, but standard equipment doesn't have to be (and be aware that modelling something they dont have is also not WYSIWYG).

That is the black and white RAW on the matter, if you follow that, then nobody can pull you up on your modelling options...

P.s. CCW can mean any form of chaos-loony-pointy-stick-thingy you can come up with.

btw if we are on the topic... a chaos sorcerer in terminator armor... i see many ppl posting picts of terminator lords as lords/sorcerers and the like. This leads me to the Question what are the defining traits of a sorcerer of tzeentch by wysiwyg standars

They do? So my Daemon Prince, converted from a Dread', with a jump pack instead of wings, isn't legal?

Totally legal, only difference between wings and jumpack is that wings can ride in vehicle, jumppack can not. Since DP (dread) can not ride in transport anyway, wings/jumppack are same thing. You've shown wysiwyg that he can fly, so wings/jumppack makes no difference.

I can't imagine anyone even in tourney complaining about it, just tell opponent before hand that your DP w/ wings, is modeled as dread w/ jumppack.

FAQ says .

Q:does taking wing classify a model as jump infantry ?

A:No , it simply allows a model to move like jump infantry.Note that the model must actually be converted to have a pair of wings rather then a jump pack rack.

This is the only thing in 5th ed till now that cant be count as, If I remember right.

well using a dread with jumppack to represent a DP with wings doesn't come under WYSIWYG, it comes under count as.... different rules there mate.

It's not just a dread with a jumppack. It's been converted. Its core is still an AoBR Dread, but it's got DP arms, a big sword, a Daemon head etc.

Went with the JP because large enough wings to look good would be a nightmare to transport.

Well, if anyone complains then I'll cross that bridge when it comes up. I've zero interest in tournaments so it shouldn't be a problem.

well using a dread with jumppack to represent a DP with wings doesn't come under WYSIWYG, it comes under count as.... different rules there mate.

It's not just a dread with a jumppack. It's been converted. It's core is still an AoBR Dread, but it's got DP arms, a big sword, a Daemon head etc.

Went with the JP because large enough wings to look good would be a nightmare to transport.

Well, if anyone complains then I'll cross that bridge when it comes up. I've zero interest in tournaments so it shouldn't be a problem.

I can't see that anyone would complain. Can a daemon prince even take a Jump pack? It would be pretty obvious to most that it's count as wings.

As correctly stated all additional wargear/options must be modelled, but standard equipment doesn't have to be (and be aware that modelling something they dont have is also not WYSIWYG).

That is the black and white RAW on the matter, if you follow that, then nobody can pull you up on your modelling options...

P.s. CCW can mean any form of chaos-loony-pointy-stick-thingy you can come up with.

Let me put it this way... what defines a sorcerer in wysiwyg standards? Basically the thing im after is that librarians have wargear that distinguishes them as such, whereas a chaos sorc can be anything really, even the fw death guard sorcs looks essentially like a marine with a spear. That and a force weapon can even be a 2 handed sword. i guess the point im after is that with chaos you can essentially build almost any chaos lord and call him a sorc cant you ?

p.s im just asking this cause im wondering if i can use my lord conversion as a sorc or if i must go to gw and make another model :D (not that it wont be fun) Furthermore i want to know what counts as a sorc if i will need to make one :tu:

Let me put it this way... what defines a sorcerer in wysiwyg standards? Basically the thing im after is that librarians have wargear that distinguishes them as such, whereas a chaos sorc can be anything really, even the fw death guard sorcs looks essentially like a marine with a spear. That and a force weapon can even be a 2 handed sword. i guess the point im after is that with chaos you can essentially build almost any chaos lord and call him a sorc cant you ?

p.s im just asking this cause im wondering if i can use my lord conversion as a sorc or if i must go to gw and make another model :D (not that it wont be fun) Furthermore i want to know what counts as a sorc if i will need to make one :tu:

Most models can work just as well for a sorceror or a lord, as long as its armed legally. If you play a lord with a demon weapon or power weapon, it should be acceptable as a sorceror (obviously a lord with a powerfist or lightning claws would not look right as a sorceror). There are no model traits needed to be a sorceror.

My Tzeentch sorceror spent several months as a lord before I decided he played better as a sorceror.

Well i guess the best way to do it is for you guys to rate it:P

Sorcerer lord of tzeentch or not, here we go :huh:

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss3/Cyresh/PIC_0272.jpg

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss3/Cyresh/PIC_0271.jpg

sorry for the crappy picts,

on a side note he will have a mark of tzeentch freehanded on the other shoulder pad,

Archived