Land Raider Rush at 1500pts, how does it fare?

Vomikron Noxis

Meltaguns and fists.

PM's are more synergetic with rhinos because of the FNP rule. The rhino gets popped, they suffer little damage from an explosion result. They have grenades for when moving 12", exiting and rapid firing, then their defensive grenades remove the enemies charge bonus.

I say you need some terminators inside the raiders if its 1500 points. But you run two princes so maybe not. I say the list is ok if you keep it melta and fist heavy for your squads. Other then that, try to abuse the small amount of space the army will take and run up one side. Don't divide the army unless its a really weak enemy like shooty eldar, guard, gaunt heavy tyranids and such. Melee is your best bet against those sorts.

For shooting though you take fewer bolters, and even fewer special vehicles to help with hordes. Try to play defensively against horde armies that like melee like orks. Abuse your raiders bulk and keep them moving and in the way when you try to single out enemy units and charge them.

Why not try bezerkers in the LR's instead. 3 squads of 8, each with a PF skull champ. Put them each in a basic land raider. should leave enough points for a prince with wings. Should be a fairly tough list for many armies to deal with.

I've been wondering about people's opinion on 'cargo' for a Land Raider and rather than start a new topic, I thought I might tag it in here (as it seems rather related).

I've tried a couple of combinations of Power Armoured units and they've been okay, but I'd really like try our a Terminator Squad (note that I already have a Termicide unit, so don't want to just be delivering the same payload). I was thinking about a Sorc with WoC, a Combi-Flamer + Chainfist, a Heavy Flamer, a pair of Lightning Claws and a basic Termie for the first wound. I'd really like them with an Icon of Nurgle, but at 10pts each and the ease with which he can be killed I'll probably go with a Basic Icon and maybe Champ up the CF/CF and LC guys.

I know it's not a super-efficient choice, but it seems like it could be fun.

I've been wondering about people's opinion on 'cargo' for a Land Raider and rather than start a new topic, I thought I might tag it in here (as it seems rather related).

I've tried a couple of combinations of Power Armoured units and they've been okay, but I'd really like try our a Terminator Squad (note that I already have a Termicide unit, so don't want to just be delivering the same payload). I was thinking about a Sorc with WoC, a Combi-Flamer + Chainfist, a Heavy Flamer, a pair of Lightning Claws and a basic Termie for the first wound. I'd really like them with an Icon of Nurgle, but at 10pts each and the ease with which he can be killed I'll probably go with a Basic Icon and maybe Champ up the CF/CF and LC guys.

I know it's not a super-efficient choice, but it seems like it could be fun.

This is a very fun choice and it can actually be BRUTAL.. HOWEVER....... The problem lies in the fact that if you do not take a troops choice then you wind up with two troops choices and that can hurt a lot.. Its pretty much a one trick pony anyhow but for friendly games I would play around with it.

Why not try bezerkers in the LR's instead. 3 squads of 8, each with a PF skull champ. Put them each in a basic land raider. should leave enough points for a prince with wings. Should be a fairly tough list for many armies to deal with.

I agree witih not going with PM in the Land Raider, but they should stay in the Rhino.

2 Berserker squads in 2 Land Raiders

1 PM squad in a Rhino

Toss in cheap DPs for assault/anti-tank

This is a very fun choice and it can actually be BRUTAL.. HOWEVER....... The problem lies in the fact that if you do not take a troops choice then you wind up with two troops choices and that can hurt a lot.. Its pretty much a one trick pony anyhow but for friendly games I would play around with it.

I'm unlikely to use it in less than 1,500 pts, so that'll give me three troop choices (two of those mounted in Rhino's). In 2,000pts it'll be backed up by five troop choices (including Daemons).

Cheers for the thumbs up - I'll pick up the last couple of arms I need for that config, I think ;).

Archived