First marine done!

Don-Pino

Sooo I painted my first marine (not my first mini), after settling on some colours. The scheme was ment to appear, as though the marine had been in the field for some time. The colours so he wouldnt be as visible as is normally the case for marines... Anyway, on with the show.

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/donpino/Marine.jpg

Tried to weather him, wasnt easy at all... First attempt at it ever.. But Im not too unhappy all in all.

-Pino

C+C is very welcome.

(Im aware that the picture could be edited better, but only had word to work with <_< )

The overall miniature looks nice and clean but it is the ice blue lenses that get my attention. The contrast is just right in my opinion and really helps make the miniature stand out. As for the battle damage have you tried the sponge "bob" method?

Also quick question... how do you do the montage picture? I haven't been able to find any easy to follow tutorials and was hoping for a simple description on how to do it.

Cheers, Messanger

Thx for the comments.

As for the montage, microsoft words was used. I simply copy-pasted pictures in there, and framed them in a textbox => That will make you able to move them around by dragging. It might not look as good as if it had been done in photoshop, but it serves its purpose.

A renegade chapter sounds about right to me, still need to decide on a name though!

Im well aware that the backpack thingie is missing... a friend gave me the model though, so I dont really think I have the right to complain about it :(

The Bags are from the chaos marines pack, got some of those from another friend..! (perhaps someday I can make a army for free!!!).

For the pistol holster, and the rest of his bags and such: Base Kommandeo khaki, then a wash of Devlan mud, followed up by highlighting with kommander khaki, highlights with bleached bones, and finally extremes with skull white (I used plenty though, so might be considered not so extreme).

Thx for the weathering tip, Ill try it out on the next model.

-Pino

As for the montage, microsoft words was used. I simply copy-pasted pictures in there, and framed them in a textbox => That will make you able to move them around by dragging. It might not look as good as if it had been done in photoshop, but it serves its purpose.

Never considered using Microsoft Word... thanks for that.

Messanger

Archived