Ironclad with seismic hammer & dred power weapon

Capt. Kenaz

I have to admit right from the start; I mostly model, both buidling, converting, and painting as part of the 40k world, and very. very rare is it that I pick-up or play a game of 40k.

This being said I do not have the most recent ed. of 40k's rule book, and I am wondering what would be the benefit in assault of a SM Ironclad dread having both a power wepon and also a seismic hammer???

Does it make him a real close combat monster?

Does he use both weapons in the attack or something??

Or, does it make sense to fgive him the hammer and 'Cane Bolters instead???

Thanks!

He gains the additional attack for two close combat weapons which is pretty cool in my opinion. So a base of three attacks at strength ten is pretty awesome, especially considering there are still underslung weapons to deal death.

I'm thinking of one for my planned drop company, sits there for a turn unleashing hunter-killers or flamer/melta death and then runs rampage.

Wow!!! If you land just right, and get a few good dice rolls you could really bring the hurt on the enemy! I guess that's why I have heard of this combo used for using the ironclad as a 'character' hunter/killer. :rolleyes:

Maybe that will be just the way I model him the, with an underslung flamer/melta and both close combat weapons, as well as two hood mounted HunterKiller missiles for fun !!!

Thanks,

Archived