Some space wolves

Prosedragon

Howdy folks, I've finally decided to be brave and post some pictures. I'll start with some Space Wolves, all but one unpainted...later there may be some Salamanders. I have no idea how posting pictures works, so if you see this and its empty I'm probably still trying to figure it out.

gallery_42828_4296_209176.jpg

You might can guess which is which, one is a blood claw with a power weapon, the other a long fang.

gallery_42828_4296_333572.jpg

Wolf Lord with Frost Blade and Storm Shield

gallery_42828_4296_49896.jpg

Another of the wolf Lord

gallery_42828_4296_281418.jpg

The one painted Space Wolf I have.

gallery_42828_4296_272623.jpg

A grey hunter

gallery_42828_4296_198593.jpg

Grey hunter with power fist

gallery_42828_4296_108517.jpg

Grey hunters (or blood claws) with flamer and melta

gallery_42828_4296_192485.jpg

Wolf Guard with power fist and storm shield

Thanks for looking!

Nice posing and bases and stuff, painting is a little basic though, as far as I can tell you've painted one shoulder pad yellow and the other red and put some crosses on. Maybe some metallic paint on the metallic bits? Also different shades of grey would look cool, a bit flat atm. Lastly I think you should thin your paints, everyone says they should be around the consistency of milk, when you paint a little bit on the edge of my tray and it 'shrinks' then it's a bit too thin, you want it to be as liquid as possible before you get the 'shrink' effect.

I'm not a good painter at all - the painted fellow was as much about testing the color scheme as anything else though, so in the future they will have a little more detail.

He was painted flat colors, then dipped in a mix of water, future floor finish, and dark purple ink. I think the dip worked well enough, and in the future they'll get a little more detail and some basic highlights. He looks fine from arms length, but he is kind of lacking up close. It also looks better once its got some dullcoat over it - my sallies that I'll post eventually were done the same way.

How is the wolf lord? I know he's pretty tame in comparison to some of the other HQs floating around, but for no sculpting I thought he came out pretty well.

Archived