life-sized chainsword

Pizzasemmel

• 2 weeks later...

Another update for my fanatic brothers

i applied for a blessing on mars and it was granted... stage 1 of a masterly crafted chainsword:

- gold plated rivots

- inscriptions on the blade (they are, as you can see on the last pic, cut out of plastic card, which was, to be honest, an absolutley ardous work)

gallery_49861_4187_428851.jpg

May I draw your attention upon the fact Frater Pizza didn't answer yet... Hmmmm

What did i not anwser to yet?

Are you planning to make a Space Marine suit? Or a bolt pistol?

Unfortunatly this will not happen in the near future...allthough i know of a few good tutorials on building foam/wooden power armor, i neither have the patience / time / money to do it nor the physical condition to not make it look stupid :)

A third weapon allthough may happen, maybe a Bolter, maybe only a bolt pistol and maybe (this is huuuge maybe) a working plasma pistol :)

Of course this would be possible, the double bladed thing is a simple layout modification. simply design it not to finish clean with the casing but instead copy the teeth layout...and the redesign of the tip would require neraly no effort

Stretching: even simpler, just add length to both the casing and the inner part and your done (note: i don't think that there would be any structural problems, wood is quite a durable material ^^)

When building a SW chainsword though i would consider to change the design of the handle and pommel...there are lots of possibilities to "wolferise" them

Im wondering... why not paint the "buttons" on it a different color, like a neon green? You have one painted, but the other two just are silver.

Thats simply due to the fact that i don't seem to be able to come up with a matching colour choice...because red / silver/ black / gold would fit but also be a bit boring...neon green on the other hand is way to agreesive for such a muted range of colours :|

What do you think of blue?

might work

Archived