I used to have one of these marines, which was one of my favourite models:

gallery_4484_3446_1597.jpg

So I decided to do an updated version for my White Scars army:

gallery_4484_3446_24412.jpg

gallery_4484_3446_41802.jpg

gallery_4484_3446_38165.jpg

gallery_4484_3446_36660.jpg

gallery_4484_3446_26219.jpg

It was a rather tricky conversion, so I don't think I'll be doing another one! He'll get a slung bolter in due course. The backpack was inspired by the Ultramarine scout squad in power armour in Collected Visions. I was originally thinking he'd be part of a 'recon' tactical squad, but someone suggested using him as a devastator squad sergeant with signum, which I like better.

C&C welcome. :P

Thanks for all the great comments! :wallbash:

@sgtNACHO - the head is a standard beaky head with the back removed and the top of a terminator arm (carefully trimmed and filed) added, the nodes are cut from the back of space marine torsos, the backpack is the signum one from the devastator sergeant with the scanner block removed, and the comm dish is from the ravenwing sprue.

@KEEPER - nope, devastator sergeant, but I'll probably use a similar look for homers when I do them.

@fireangel - me too!

@averykess - I won't! :(

@tahrikmili - what don't you understand about the head? It's certainly weird, so I can understand if you don't like it! But you can see what I've tried to copy. My view is that the enlarged helmet and nodes contain extra sensor and processing gear, similar to some modern fighter helmets (like the eurofighter typhoon). I should probably mention that most of my army will be beakies, so he won't stand out quite so much. There's more stuff in my blog. :D

Really well executed conversion, you have reproduced the look very well. The head is, unusual, but nothing that can't be easily explained away. I like the extra gear on his arm as well. All in all, ace :D

Cheers

congrats, really nice one!!! Updating old loved models is really cool!

(the ork in me is saying "thanx, nice one, i'll loot it as soon as possible...with tautech...hur hur hur!") :tu:

Sorry, there was someone I used to know on another forum I visit who also went by the name Ilmarinen, just thought i'd check.

Great model btw, love the updated fig. Superb stuff.

Also, have you filed down the beak to make it more droopy and RTB01 like? Because that is an absolutely amazing touch, that I love

Also, have you filed down the beak to make it more droopy and RTB01 like? Because that is an absolutely amazing touch, that I love.

I wish I could say yes to this, but I didn't file the nose! What I did do was file the collar under the chin, so that the head is tipped further down, like the original. ;)

Archived