Pedro Kantor?

JusticarDanny

The line in question says that units within twelve inches of Kantor "recieve +1 Attack". The capitalization in particular, but also the fact that it's rendered as "+1" rather than "an additional" or something similar, suggest to me that it refers to "Attacks" as in the "Attacks" Characteristic.

It is very clear. + 1 Attacks.

Only in cc is Attacks ever used.

Shooting is always referred to as Shots.

BBB pg 27 Type: Refers to shooting as shots.

Your local GW store is wrong. Tell them so but in a respectful and honouring way. Just because they have a Red Shirt doesn't make them infallible, they are only humans, just like us.

A Red Shirt does not make their opinion right either, as in to say, just because they think it so does not make it so.

Happy gaming ;)

Sorry if you were the CF player getting the extra cream.... :(

What the others said.

Tho perhaps some insight into the confusion? All of Pedro's other elements tend to be more "shooty" in nature (the sternguard, having the orbital strike, his special weapon, etc.), so I could see someone saying "this is a shooting character, so every rule must apply to shooting." That is incorrect, but I can see the reasoning process.

Cheers.

Like Lysanders Bolster defences and bolter drill.... yet you may care to notice he has no gun....

Shooty rules doesn't make them a shooty character....

The weapon charactics denote how many shots they get, the attacks charactic denotes how many CC attacks a model gets.

Kantor is my favortie IC, and i've used him in every list i've made since the 5ed-Dex came out, and I play a "Gun-Line" army heavy in sterguard.....but alas, like everyone here has stated, Good'Ole Pedro does not give every marine within 12" an extra bolter nor turn their bolters into sub-machine guns......it would be awsome (but broken) if he did......

Another way to look at it, Cap't Shrike has 3 Attacks.

Does this mean he gets to shoot his bolt pistol 3 times? of course not, you follow the profile for the weapon.

There are some exceptions but these are clearly laid out in the codex.

Pedro only Inspires in CC.

Archived