Iron Hand 1st conversion

Dobermann

I finished the first conversion for my Iron Hands.

I wanted to try bionics for legs.

I also wanted to try a pre-heresy armour, then I worked a bit on the shoulder and the leg.

I like the result, but it took a lot of time to make every single hole and to cut every single pin.

The face has been converted inserting an old Space Crusade Android head in a SM head .

the special mark Bolter comes from a Adepta Sororitas Veichle storm bolter. I like the magazine and the extra weight.

All my army will be based on veterans, though I'll play them as Tactical Marines in non-Apocalypse games.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fGFa0S9U6ss/Sw1Yr29kVRI/AAAAAAAAAAs/cXSD4vLajug/s1600/Iron-Hands-conversion01.jpg

i have to say as first trys go this is fantastic i have an iron hands army myself and i love the stance and the bolter its a great idea one i might have to steal lol :P cant wait to see it painted tho any thoughts as to what clan you are following? bearing in mind each company is a different clan acording to fluff :)

I still don't know which clan I would fit better. I couldn't find anywhere a full description of the clans to pick up one.

By now I have no decals of any IH clan, I will leave the right shoulder pad blank.

I would love to make a sort of "Iron Hands Clans Council" force to fit with the equivalent 1st company of other chapters.

Then I could mix and match different clan symbols on my models.

I have only one Sororitas storm bolter.

This Marine (plus another shooting leftward) will be the only to use the special bolter.

the entire clan council is described in detail in the book iron hands ;) if i can find my copy i will tell you it but there are 10 leaders, 3 are dreads, 2 are iron fathers one is a lib and i cant remember the others off top of my head lol but will deff have a look for you i made my iron father out of the box set using a head, body and legs a converted backpack with 2 servo arms and a tech marine axe and a deathwatch bolter :D loads of metal on one fig lol

Looks great, the bolter really looks good, I might try to recreate that style drum on my Iron Hands sternguard vets. I love how those pins look, will be a shame to paint over them since they look perfect in that pic.

yep, we think the same.

I saw the lys on the screen after I took this picture. I had already removed it.

They are indeed pin heads and indeed they could be added on the painted model.

I am currently painting the model and I can tell you I like it :o

@dark claw. I think I saw your Iron Father. Good Idea. Anyway I think I'll use an Emperor's Champion as base of mine.

as soon as I can print the decals I'll add a clan insigna. which I don't know :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

I finished painting my marine test model.

I like the way silver stands out over the black armour.

I still can't decide for a clan symbol. I will take a decision as soon as I can get printed IH decals

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/859/ironhandmarine01.jpg

model painted

PS- I hope I fixed the link...

Really nice model, bionics look good, and that bolter is a beast. Only suggestion would be to maybe wash the brickwork on the base? At the moment I think it is a bit too bright, and my eye keeps getting drawn towards it.

Cheers

Archived