Sons of Malice

heretic??ME??

Ok now their is info floating around that these marines are in fact the followers of the *cough* the 5th chaos god MALAL. Now is this just a big joke or did this boy once exist in the 80s only to be resurrected as Malice???

Now if this is the case how the heck I am going to field a fluffy army Malal's sacred number being 11. basic squads yes no problem but chosen and terminators present a problem. Unless I use 10 termies and lord as one massive squad.

Either way its going to be a foot slogging army. Not exactly 5th edition kick ass!

The Sons of Malice follow Malal in the same way the catachan guardsman "Sly Marbo" is Sylvester Stallone as Rambo. I.E. it is a reference with a wink, but not actually the real thing. Malal does not officially exist, and never actually did in the 40K universe (he was WHFB only). But he did once exist in the GW realm, so it is sort of a homage.

Thanks for the link think I read a it a while ago just like the idea of walking into a GW store with a painted army and annoying the staff with tales of the 5th god.

Convert the children and bring down the followers of the other 4 gods. Well selling Malal as the uber god thats so hard as nails that even GW won't talk about it might work...

The Sons of Malice follow Malal in the same way the catachan guardsman "Sly Marbo" is Sylvester Stallone as Rambo. I.E. it is a reference with a wink, but not actually the real thing. Malal does not officially exist, and never actually did in the 40K universe (he was WHFB only). But he did once exist in the GW realm, so it is sort of a homage.

Actually it is more than just a reference with a wink. The colour scheme is purely Malal's symbol.

Quite a lot of information can be found here : http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Malal

And "Sly" is not merely an anagram or similar sounding name, it is the actual abreviation used for the name "Sylvester". It is still not supposed to be Sylvester Stallone. And the Sons of Malice are still not worshiping a god that is not part of the 40K universe.

I think that the colours and the symbols of Malal do seem to point to the 5th chaos god. Whether or not its 40k cannon the concept of Malal could be represented by a lesser warp based creature manifesting through the psychic influence of mankind.

Yeah its not part of the 40k universe and it has been lost/cast aside by GW. But for a chaos player doesn't it make it more desirable?? Either the worship of a lost god promising the power to destroy the other cults or tragedy a whole chapter being lost to lies or myths that do not hold true.

Malal fights to destroy the other Chaos gods...

Did you know that Malals symbol was a half black/white skull... now what organisation has a symbol similar to that.... the Adeptus Mechanicus... who also Worship a God they call the Machine God....

I've heard it said Malal was exiled from the warp (self imposed or otherwise) so one might be able to assume he is no a being existing in the physical universe but probably very powerful especially as a psyker... There is also an physical entity known as the Emperor who is extremely powerful and Worshipped as a god (Including by the Ad Mech) and fights against chaos seeking to destroy it... If only somewhere it said 11 was the Big E's lucky number...

The Big E is Malal Muahahahaha

40k and fantasy now exist in different universes but the realm of chaos is the same one in both games and both game world are connected by chaos and fantasy literature often has magic items that sound like 40k tech and some very powerful chaos knights who sound a lot like marines.

Yer Malal is gone but there are plenty of little things you can use to bring him into the universe like mad explanation I posted above.

Ok found this and wondering does anyone know if this is a real image??

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/taran/images/malal_dem.jpg

Thinking on gaunt scything arms with ghoul bodies.

Also sounds like malalites tend to be drained of lifeforce so maybe zombies would be a good route for lesser daemons

Read through the old Kaleb Daark comic. Yeah not the best story but still like malal

basic squads yes no problem but chosen and terminators present a problem. Unless I use 10 termies and lord as one massive squad.

Terminator squads aren't a problem, they will still number 5.

Since you're going "old school" and using a (now defunct) chaos patron, I wouldn't think there would be a problem accepting that the renegades still honor the terminators so highly that they needn't conform to the number of the patron. That was the original reason, IIRC. I know (as I just checked) that's the way the squads are organized in Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned. I can't find my copy of Slaves to Darkness to verify how things went for Khorne and Slaanesh.

Ok so chosen/termies don't need to equal a gods sacred number???? Malal's number being 11. Ok I suppose they are chosen.

Anyhow I am currently looking at using the loyalist dex. The sons of malice only just turned prior to the 13th Black crusade.

I thinking of this due to drop pods. As they can carry 12 marines it seems sensible that the sons would favor this form of attack. (Followed by foot slogging.) Im looking at using chaplains as malal priests to add to 2 squads equaling 11.

And I'm thinking using elite level Malalite inquisitors from C:DH and C:WH to make up the 11th on two other squads.

I could also use techmarines. As hellios pointed out the Adeptus Mechanicus symbol is bisected skull ideal candidates for malal....

Throw in a couple of Iron clads for anti tank/CC

Sons of malice don't seem to use daemons very much so I won't have to worry about them

This is not ideal but using the choas dex for 11 man squads is just going to create a very slow army.

I just like to throw in that Malal's sacred number being 11, despite being accepted as canon, is not official - it's fan fluff.

The above daemon picture also has me scratching my head, I thought I'd seen/read every little Malal snippet there was!

Regardless, the Sons of Malice are damn sexy, and The Labyrinth is one of the better piece in Heroes of the Space marines.

Ok so chosen/termies don't need to equal a gods sacred number????

That is correct, sir.

From the pages of White Dwarf 116 (more known for its Genestealery goodness), "elite status" and "ancient tradition" hold powerful sway even over renegades.

The above lesser daemon was from some random French site.

It is not a "random" site. This website concentrates a massive amount of V1/V2 fluff/rules and is regarded in France as the "Bible" for fluff.

You can trust what you find there (but it's in french :D )

Archived