Scout Sergeant Options

Brother Ranuk

Ok, I'm writing up a little list right now and I'm putting in a couple of sniper scout squads. My question comes from the wargear list. In the main list it says that all scouts have a boltgun and bolt pistol, it then goes on to say that any model may replace its boltgun with a sniper rifle. It then goes on to say that the sergeant may replace his boltgun and/or bolt pistol with other weapons (including a Power Weapon).

So am I right in reading that the scout sergeant may take both the sniper rifle and a power weapon? Just want to check before I set work on a conversion :)

Many Thanks.

Yes, the Sergeant can replace his Boltgun with a Sniper Rifle and his Bolt Pistol with a Powerweapon. But then he will have one less powerweapon attack than he could have (only 2 instead of 3), which is why most would probably go for Powerweapon + Bolt Pistol.

I thought so, aye the PW is really just a hidden element for enemies hoping to chow down on a weak little scout squad. The model is going to have him drawing the weapon from a scabbard with his rifle on the ground, and a grenade in his other hand. Kind of a "Surprise!" type moment.

I thought so, aye the PW is really just a hidden element for enemies hoping to chow down on a weak little scout squad. The model is going to have him drawing the weapon from a scabbard with his rifle on the ground, and a grenade in his other hand. Kind of a "Surprise!" type moment.

That sounds like a mini-diorama, but extremely cool if it looks like it does in my mind.. (Expecting WIP pictures!)

That sounds like a mini-diorama, but extremely cool if it looks like it does in my mind.. (Expecting WIP pictures!)

Seconded! its these little ideas which makes modelling all the more enjoyable!

Archived