Chaos legion support

Muzza

I apologise if this is the wrong section as the mechanicus section seemed to be all loyalist I thought I would ask here instead.

Anyway in the future I plan on adding some of the FW chaos flyers and titans to my Chaos army (World Eaters). My question is would the Titans (reavers, warhounds) be done in some kind of titan legion colours or in the world eaters colours. Same as flyers, would they have they're own colours or still be in legion colours?

I ask because eventually I plan to have an army for each of the 4 gods but it would be very expensive to have to duplicate the titan support for each. Also the loyalist titans have there own titan legion colours from before the heresy, so would the dark mechanicus still lend out the chaos titans or would they be fully intergrated into each legion?

Flyers... do in the legion colors.

Titans, you can do legion colors, or the titan legion's colors.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2008/07/bol...ds-archive.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page where it says icons of the titan legions.

IWs tend to go with mortis the most, and I think so do BL. For WEs I would go with the Flaming Skulls.

IIRC, in Double Eagle, the Chaos flyers had their own organisation completely seperate from the forces of the Chaos Legions. You could therefore use a colour scheme of your own choosing, representing a singular air group supporting your other units.

Correct, but these were traitor guard, not flyers serving a marine legion. I imagine the legion would want their whole force running their colors. Titan legions would be the exception because they have been around so long and are so distinct. The marines also couldn't make them.

Correct, but these were traitor guard, not flyers serving a marine legion. I imagine the legion would want their whole force running their colors.

That is a valid point that had not occured to me.

Still, there isn't a lot to point specifically to the Traitor Legions taking direct control of these air units; historically they're pretty new (the old epic only had the Tzeentch Flyers for chaos flying units for a long time.) Admittedly, I have not read the entire BL catalgue nor the AI rulebook, so I may not have a complete picture. Would CSMs agree to partly give up their autonomy to pilot a flyer? Maybe. I don't know. That seems certainly less likely for WE than any other legion.

However, should the OP wish to expand his force to include other Legions, then a seperate flyer force would make slightly more sense fluffwise, and much more sense economoically, with the added bonus that the force could easily be fielded with any of the seperate legions by themselves.

From what I understand the Soul forge flyers are controlled by servitors/daemons (maybe posses the servitors body? I don't know) but they can I assume be directly under the control of the forge and so be any colour but legions also make requests so I could also see them in Legion colours.

As for Titans my view is Titan Legion colours however a possessed titan (dedicated, maybe not far gone enough to become a distinct titan class like warlord/banelord) might use it patrons colours (so Khorne) but would have no reason to wear legion emblem but red and brass and khorne symbols and skulls by all means. Also as the WE are very broken they would be less likely to have any titans of their own while the Iron Warriors "commonly" have Titan support so they might well have their own titans (conjecture) at the very least they have good relations with titan legion/s.

Id say the titans are there own legion. In that it would mean you could paint them however you want. As for the flyers i agree with warp make them and the titans able to serve all the chaos gods.

O and just because in not a chaos guy i have to say this. DEATH TO THE TRAITOR hahahaha B)

The titans absolutely are their own legion the "legio morbidus" fluff wise you have the "dies Irae" an Imperator class titan which was featured with the luna wolves in the Horus Heresy books, and also with the Iron Warriors in Storm of Iron. The legio morbidus lends out their titans to which ever legion needs it at the time.

Interesting stuff everyone. I hope in the future GW\FW go into abit more detail about the titan legions (both chaos and loyal).

The Flaming Skulls sound interesting from what I've managed to find on them. Hopefully someone will paint on of the new chaos Reavers in their scheme so I can see what it looks like.

Is there anywhere on the internet that has info on the Chaos flyers? Fluff wise not rule wise.

Interesting stuff everyone. I hope in the future GW\FW go into abit more detail about the titan legions (both chaos and loyal).

The Flaming Skulls sound interesting from what I've managed to find on them. Hopefully someone will paint on of the new chaos Reavers in their scheme so I can see what it looks like.

Is there anywhere on the internet that has info on the Chaos flyers? Fluff wise not rule wise.

I don't know I guess most of its in FW material :X

As your taking things that would have belonged to the "Imperial Army" that would still be under the control of the Legion it was attached to, I would say for elements like flyers, definately go Legion colours. Others have already commented on the Titans.

Archived