Leaders of the Pack

Ntin

Just for the record, im okay with wargear and sagas - its just the psychic powers I take issue with.

Im in the camp that believe that "same psychic powers" refers to any powers that are the same.

The reason (i think) it is plural is because Ruin Priests are allowed to take two powers, not one. As a result if it had been "the same psychic power" is would have been incorrect.

Also, for those that believe the sentence is reading:

"may not take the same psychic power combination"

Then you gotta be aware that you are dropping the original plural.

If that is the reading they are looking at it would read as follows:

"may not take the same psychic powers combination" - which makes no grammatic sense.

Its for those reasons that I believe taking power 1 and 3 and power 1 and 4 would not be allowed. (and consequently - yes this would mean Njal could not be fielded with another Rune Priest)

Ahh, but "Powers" itself is plural, wich is to say it could be either- you cant double up on any single power anywhere in the list, or that each set of 2 powers must itself be distinct.

Because a Rune Priest who has 1 and 2 and another who has 2 and 6 have different "powers", but happen to have the same "power". Yet it it would be gramatically correct if you inferred instead that having the same power was against this rule also.... so really its up to personal choice.

My main reason for saying that its the two together is the precident set by the sagas *of wich you only choose one, so in order to be distinct you have to take none, or a different one* and by wargear- ie, two characters can take plasmapistols, as long as their other weapon is different, giving them a distinct setup.

Archived