Curon's Black Templar Blog

DarkKnightCuron

Purpose: The Purpose of this thread is to act as a BLOG for my slowly growing Black Templars army. Comments and suggestions are always welcome in helping me hone the abilities in both modeling and painting these heroic warriors of the Emperor. This thread is also to act as a repository of images I'm sure I'll be taking of these individuals.

Objective: To show other Astartes commanders pictures of my Black Templar Force. Recieve suggestions on Improvements.

Disclaimer: I DO HAVE MY CAMERA NOW. As such, DO expect images of these individual, but as I'm currently on deployment, things might be a bit slow. As most BLOGs are, this is meant to be a living document unless this thread becomes far too large for the Bolter and Chainsword. If such an event occurs (however unlikely), a new thread will be started and images/information will be summarized and presented in the new thread.

Commonly Used Terms: This section is to describe commonly used terms throughout this thread. As each term arises, this section will be edited for clarity.

-GW: Games Workshop - The Company that develops the rules for--and produces the models for--the game, Warhammer 40,000

-EC: Emperor's Champion - an Iconic model in all Black Templar armies, he is required in all Black Templar armies of 750 points or more.

Last updated: 18 April 2010

Current 500 Point List:

Reclusiarch

-Bolt Pistol

Crusader Squad

8 Initiates

-Frag Grenades

-1 Meltagun

-1 Powerfist + Bolt Pistol

-6 Close Combat Weapons + Bolt Pistols

3 Neophytes

-3 Close Combat Weapons + Bolt Pistols

Crusader Squad

5 Initiates

-1 Plasma Gun

-1 Lascannon

-3 Boltguns

Bike Squadron

3 Initiates

-1 Flamers

-1 Meltagun

HEADQUARTERS

Planned Projects:

-Castellan/Marshall in Power Armor on Space Marine Bike

Models constructed:

-Plastic Castellan/Marshal in Power Armor (Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, Iron Halo)

-Metal Marshall in Power Armor (Mk4?)(Storm Shield, Power Sword)(WIP)

-Plastic Emperor's Champion

-Metal Chaplain (Bolt Pistol)

-Metal Marshall in Power Armor (Bolt Pistol, Power Sword)

-Metal Marshall in Terminator Armor (WIP)

Models Painted:

-None Yet

ELITES

Planned Projects:

-Dreadnought 'Tankred' with Drop Pod

-Sword Brethren Terminators (Assault and Tactical)

-Sword Brethren (In Power Armor and Razorback)

Models Constructed:

-None Yet

Models Painted:

-1 Sword Brethren with Lightning Claws

-1 Sword Brethren with Bolt Pistol, Combat Shield, and Power Weapon

-8 Sword Brethren with Bolt Pistols, Combat Shields, and Chainswords

-1 Sword Brethren in Terminator Armor with Storm Bolter and Power Sword

TROOPS

Planned Projects:

-None Yet

Models Constructed:

-23 Initiates with Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons

-10 Neophytes with Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons

-1 Initiate with Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon

-3 Initiates with Bolt Pistol and Power Fist

-1 Initiate with Meltagun

-1 Initiate with Plasmagun

-1 Initiate with Lascannon

-3 Initiates with Boltguns

Models Painted:

-2 Initiates with Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons

FAST ATTACK

Planned Projects:

-None Yet

Models Constructed:

-15 Initiates on Bikes

-3 Initiate Attack Bikes with Multi-Meltas

-3 Initiates on Bikes with Power Fists

-1 Initiate on Bike with Flamer

-3 Initiates on Bikes with Meltaguns

-3 Initiates on Bikes with Plasmaguns

-3 Landspeeders (Multi-Meltas and Heavy Flamers)

Models Painted:

-4 Initiates with Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, and Jump Packs

-1 Initiate with Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, and Jump Pack

HEAVY SUPPORT

Planned Projects:

-2 Predator Annihilators with Lascannon Sponsons

-3 Land Raider Crusaders

Models Constructed:

-1 Predator Annihilator with Lascannon Sponsons

Models Painted:

-None Yet

Even from the terrible quality they look great! Although I am a bit worried about the white on the shoulder guards, it looks like it has just been painted straight on top of the black rather than worked up through the greys (or browns depending on your style).

Loving the Marshal and Champion though, they look exceptional for what appear to be kit bashing with minimal green stuffing and converting!

Give me more please.

As far as the shoulder pads go, I followed the instructions on the GW site, starting with black basecoat, painting codex grey over the black (several times), then painting whtie over the grey. Only to realize something: The shoulder pads looked far too 'new' for my tastes. Often, my models look a little worn, as if just gone through battle (or a portion thereof) and I did a light wash of scorched brown over the shoulder pads to make them look dirty and worn, so as not to contradict the worn look of the rest of the models.

The Marshall and EC look quite epic. Try to get bigger pics ^_^

As soon as I get my camera, I will. Hopefully by then, They'll both be painted. I want to paint up my first Crusader Squad first before painting the EC, Chaplain, and Marshall so that I have the most practice doing so.

Nice to see a familiar 'face', if you will. Excellent stuff, Curon, and I have to ask: where did you get the swords? They don't look like GeeDub to me, but I could be wrong.

ANI. Dude, great to see you again! It's been awhile.

Dark Angels, huh? Didn't think of you as a Dark Angels player, but I haven't seen you in a great long while. How's life goin' for ya?

The Emperor's Champion Sword was from a 54mm miniature from the Reaper Miniatures line (Finari, Female Crusader), and the Marshall's was from an 'Inquisitor' model (Duke Von Castellan).

Life's good, man. And as far as being a Dark Angels player, it's complicated. It's the one army I've been able to play longer than a few months without switching, so there's something special.

Anywho, good stuff, bud. Keep at it. You're doing better than me at the moment...no funding and finals.

~Ani

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on that bloody camera. I may just have to hijack someone else's for a bit.

At any rate, I recently received a package that contained my Space marine bikers (3 Full Squads + Chaplain on Bike + Captain on Bike) which I'll be converting for Black Templar use shortly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Good to see you back around! That Marshall looks the role, with all the decorations and seals. What head are you planning on giving him?

~Ani

Its exceptionally difficult to find a Mk4 Helmet bit, let me tell you. I suppose I could carefully cut it off the powerfist holding it, but that'd be too much work for little payout. As such, I've bitz-ordered the Mk4 helmet from the BRAND NEW blood Angels Death company sprue. I'll just have to shave off the Blood Angels Iconography and BAM, Mk4 Helmet.

I hate painting faces, which is why I'm going for the helmet. Otherwise, I've got a multitude of Bretonnian heads I could use. Glad you like the Marshall tough :lol:

The current Horde

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/Dar...er/IMG_0653.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/Dar...er/IMG_0657.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/Dar...er/IMG_0659.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/Dar...er/IMG_0660.jpg

WIP

First off, I have no idea who or what this model is, but upon close inspection, the armor looks A LOT like the Emperor's Armor in the poster where he's facing against Horus with Sanguinious at their feet.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/Dar...er/IMG_0656.jpg

Aha! I've been searching for ages for a helmeted Master of the Fleet, and you've just sold it for me. Also, that's a good-looking force. My one suggestion would probably be to clip the Crozius top on the Chappy and put a BT symbol or something. Oh, and about the Mk4 helm, I think there's an Iron Warriors kit that has one. I could be wrong, though.

~Ani

Archived