Curon's Black Templar Blog

DarkKnightCuron

I like your templars a lot, and the style you've painted them in really suits the gothic images associated with the Black Templars. They look like they'd be right at home on the cover of the 3rd edition box set.

I'd suggest looking at the mold lines on the back packs - it's easier to notice them after you've painted the model and taken a picture.

That is indeed an Emperor clone, probably gotten off of eBay. Its actually quite nice and I don't believe I've actually seen it before.

I actually got it from a garage sale, of all things. He was missing a few pieces, so I had to improvise, particularly with the claws.

Is it your model?

Affirmative

search knights of legend on ebay. it's an Italian guy. you can buy other primarchs too

Ah, so that's where it came from. I might just look into getting more of them. Might make for good objective markers or terrain statues, y'know?

Aha! I've been searching for ages for a helmeted Master of the Fleet, and you've just sold it for me. Also, that's a good-looking force. My one suggestion would probably be to clip the Crozius top on the Chappy and put a BT symbol or something. Oh, and about the Mk4 helm, I think there's an Iron Warriors kit that has one. I could be wrong, though.

~Ani

I've got some other Black Templar bits that I'll be attaching to his person, as I kinda like the Crozius as-is. I haven't looked at the Iron Warriors kit, though, I'll definitely give it a look, thanks. Hopefully, its not too chaos-y.

I like your templars a lot, and the style you've painted them in really suits the gothic images associated with the Black Templars. They look like they'd be right at home on the cover of the 3rd edition box set.

I'd suggest looking at the mold lines on the back packs - it's easier to notice them after you've painted the model and taken a picture.

Especially after you've painted them black, of all things. Thanks for the pointer and praise! :lol:

Small update: Going goes slowly, due to deployment issues, so I don't have time to paint miniatures right now. I did manage to order some badly needed Black Templar Bits (GW and FW). Currently splitting attention between this project and another, not to mention working for the military being what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get some time off the last few days, and I was suddenly smacked across the face with inspiration, so I went to work on my Power-Armored Marshall. I realize Black Templars have the old-style Storm Shield, but I'm hoping to 'pre-emptive" on their update (if they ever get one). That, and I think a sword and shield look far cooler than lightning claws that are either difficult to acquire, or don't look right now matter how you pose them.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/DarkKnightCuron/Warhammer/IMG_0677.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/DarkKnightCuron/Warhammer/IMG_0682.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/DarkKnightCuron/Warhammer/IMG_0684.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/DarkKnightCuron/Warhammer/IMG_0686.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/DarkKnightCuron/Warhammer/IMG_0689.jpg

I now have an awesome-sauce Marshall.

Well I'm no fan of red eye lenses, I know BT ought to have them but with my BT I'll go with blue lenses. I find them visually more appealing and less aggressive. Next is the flock, personally would pick finer sand grains or would go in other direction and pick something with more alpine flavour. Love the rock, btw.

I've always preferred the red lenses, but I can see where you're coming from. The blue does look a little more visually appealing, but I usually opt for canon. The sand I can understand, though I don't have anything finer with me at the moment. I suppose I could go over it with snow, though, if that might make it better. Thanks for the praise about the rock, though, that's actually Marneus Calgar's base, and I thought it was really cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Marshall with Terminator Armor and Lightning Claws

Sword Brother Leos

Sword Brother Martellus

Sword Brother (Sergeant) Tanaris

Sword Brother Sparis

Sword Brother Rindus

I've got another set of five Assault Terminators on order, as well as a set of 10 Tactical Terminators. I might need more of those Black Templar Shoulder Pads from Forge World...

• 1 month later...
Updates have been slow due to Deployment Work (currently part of the National Guard in the Kosovo rotation), and I honestly haven't had time to really expand on this particular army of late. In addition, I've been moving into a new room, so my painting schedule has been really out of whack lately, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the kick, though!

Updates have been slow due to Deployment Work (currently part of the National Guard in the Kosovo rotation), and I honestly haven't had time to really expand on this particular army of late. In addition, I've been moving into a new room, so my painting schedule has been really out of whack lately, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the kick, though!

Damn, Kosovo? Well, being in the Balkans will give you some good fluff ideas. Though it may turn you off to the mickey mouse genocide theme of 40K.

Good luck though, this army is very, very good.

I would suggest painting the sand on the Marshall's base. I know it sounds silly, but it will actually make it more realistic looking. Other than that, I love the mini. Great use of the Master of the Chapter.

I used a Devlin Mud wash on the sand since this image, darkening the sand a great deal. I'll try and post up another image to show you, so I can get a little bit more feedback on what exactly needs to happen to help it out.

Damn, Kosovo? Well, being in the Balkans will give you some good fluff ideas. Though it may turn you off to the mickey mouse genocide theme of 40K.

Good luck though, this army is very, very good.

I've had minimal exposure to the Balkans culture, to be honest, but I'm hoping to rectify that in the coming months. Thanks for the praise though, I'll definitely be working a few more minis when I get the time. I'm thinking about working on a regular Crusader squad here in a bit.

oh, you're stationed in Kosovo? I was just learning about that in RE...

Very nice miniature, can't wait to see more! :lol:

Kosovo has had a very interesting history to say the least. Thanks for the praise, though!

Archived