Movement Phase Psychic Powers

Marshal Serion

Hail B&C,

I was throwing around some ideas for using a Librarian to spice things up a bit in my lists.

I came across some wording that I'd like to throw past you guys to see what comes of it.

My question:

Can Force Dome and Gate of Infinity be used in the same turn by an Epistolary or Tigurius?

My argument:

No

My evidence:

Force Dome states, "This power is used at the start of the Librarian's Movement phase."

The Gate of Infinity states, "This power is used at the beginning of the Librarian's Movement phase."

Is it not logical to assume that as soon as one power is used, it is no longer the "start" or "beginning" of the Movement phase; and therefore the other power is no longer usable?

I hope I'm wrong on this, but I'll let you guys comment.

Other than the Shooting Phase or the Assault Phase, the Movement Phase is not divided into smaller steps. The Movement Phase basically consists of picking a unit, moving the unit, then picking the next unit. So all the things that are stated to happen "at the beginning of the movement phase" simply happen before any units are moved. As long as no unit has been moved, it can still be considered the beginning of th emovement phase. Until a unit is moved, the phase has not naturally progressed in any way.

Other than the Shooting Phase or the Assault Phase, the Movement Phase is not divided into smaller steps. The Movement Phase basically consists of picking a unit, moving the unit, then picking the next unit. So all the things that are stated to happen "at the beginning of the movement phase" simply happen before any units are moved. As long as no unit has been moved, it can still be considered the beginning of th emovement phase. Until a unit is moved, the phase has not naturally progressed in any way.

I agree with Legatus's interpretation. I use 2 sorcerors with warptime, and both cast at the beginning of the turn. Just because one casts does not mean the other can't.

Yeah, you're imposing too much granularity on the turn steps. -_- You say, "At the start of my Movement phase, [this set of events takes place]."

Analogy: Do you remember Magic the Gathering? Well, picture the "Start of the Movement Phase" as it's own phase, so you can play all sorts of cards then. This analogy is clearer if you recall how many people would play multiple cards "At the end of your turn", so all of their abilities could be used and reset for the start of their own turn.

In summary: Yes, your Epistolary can use both of said powers in a turn.

Archived