Apothecary Corbulo - Blood Angels High Sanguiniary Priest

Arsenal

Yes I prefer the old scheme over the vampire style. (shudders at the idea of vampires and twilight)

i agree the guy who play edward cousin or what ever his name is looks like a foot!

grossly overrated films aside, im loving yout corbulo at the moment, looks as though he is really tough, the samiel body and termy legs reall have a good combo!

well done

Edward Cullen, and agreed

to OP: my only real gripe is the arm the narthecium is on. Shouldn't the lower arm be shorter? Just a thought

Made some solid progress tonight, started on the white, did some work on the gems, and some general touchups and details on the scrollwork. Can't find the cam right now so might have to wait till my girlfriend gets back from her holiday tomorrow night to post pics.

• 9 months later...

Wow, sorry for the self-threadnomancy but I really did not expect that after my last post, instead of waiting a day to show you guys an update, it would be almost a year!

Long story short, one of those truly horrible moments happened where, just after finishing a painting session on Corbulo, pleased with the progress,

I picked him up to put him away safely in a box, only for that terrifying moment that we all dread to happen - he snapped off his base, fell to the floor, and shattered.

To make matters worse, after searching for all the various tiny pieces to put him back together, his backpack, which I had converted specially simply wasnt to be found.

It was, to say the least, demoralising. I bought another Apothecary to scrounge the backpack from, but I let the setback pretty much stop me in my tracks.

I put all my blood angels models that i've been working on away in a box and promised myself that I would find the time to pick up the paintbrush again soon.

I'm sure you know how it goes. Sometimes, work and life get in the way. A month ago I moved house, set up a new studio, and tonight for the first time in a while

I found myself with a few free hours. Curious, I opened up my box of Blood Angels, and decided to bite the bullet and reassemble Corbulo

and start on the long road to finishing him. Surprisingly, though I expected my technique to have suffered a lot from being out of practice,

Things felt pretty smooth. So - consider this thread and project reopened. I'll get the camera out tomorrow and give a proper update.

Apologies for the infernal delay, it feels good to be back and painting again!

Ok - updates!

Here he is in his current state, and with a shot of the new backpack in progress too. Very pleased with how the red armour is progressing, it has a textural feel to it that makes it seem grimy yet shiny, which is something from the Blanche painting that I tried to capture.

C&C very much appreciated though - slowly trucking through.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1666/corb2010update2.png

Detail shot:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7029/corb2010update1.png

Just a quick update, with some horrible photos - please excuse - Corbulo is now on his base and heading into the final stages of painting - need to finish the backpack and some pipes and gems. Thanks for all the feedback so far - I'm finding it hard to photograph the detail on the armour,

does anyone have any good tips for keeping the surface in focus? I'd appreciate it. Many thanks!

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6707/corbulo2010update3.png

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6242/corbulo2010update4.png

Dude the sheer epicness of this model is off the charts.Well done!

I only have one tiny issue with Corbulo. He's got his foot on the corpse of a fallen brother, using him as a pedestal to stand on. That seems rather disrespectful when you think about it and i don't see Corbulo, of all people, wanting to dishonor his fallen battle brothers.

EIE ;)

This is superb fella. I can only find two faults with the model. Firstly, I think you should have used a brown base for the hair's white, to help distinguish it from the other white bits. Secondly, are you going to colour the base at all? I think gold or dark brown would help frame it well.

I've just started my display BAs, much like yours, and so will be keeping a eye on this. :)

Archived