Khan's Outflank

The Nose

I was wondering, since Khan's replace the combat tactics rule with outflank rule, I was wondering if this was possible.

Let's say I have a squad of 10 space marines (they have combat tactics) and I decide to mount them in a Land Raider (heavy support), can the land raider come from outflank even though it's not a dedicated transport? Though the space marines inside have it. Was just wondering if that was possible.

Thx in advance,

Nose

I was wondering because I wanted to field a 4 LR list, 3 tac squads, 1 terminator with Khan in it (aww the joy of furious charge Assault termies :D with claws ). So every squad would be mounted in a LR and 4 outflanking LR's sounds really good :D. Though they say dedicated transport, I thought if the unit that has combat tactics would confer their outflank to the heavy support because they are inside and able to start the game in it. Although not a dedicated transport, in the BBB, they say the only difference between the 2 is that at the start, only the unit who paid for it can start the game in it.

Though I think I will take the rule as it stands (for only dedicated transports) and e-mail GW to try and know what were their intentions with this rule.

Nose

I have to disagree with the replies so far, I think it's possible to Outflank in a LR.

The OP stated the reason for the Outflank was the use of Khan's Chapter Tactics.

Those Chapter Tactics state that all units in Khan's army gain the Outflank rule,

so the LR can indeed Outflank as it is clearly a seperate unit (heavy support choice)

in the example given. Outflankers actually arrive on the table as per the Reserve

rules, so the LR can be nominated as transporting whatever unit you wish, providing

of course it fits! Nothing in the BGB description of the Outflank rule precludes having

a unit emabarked upon the LR, the only prerequisite being that if it is a dedicated

transport, the unit must be embarked on it.

Thus, it seems to me that there's no reason why a Tac Squad (or any other that can fit)

couldn't Outflank embarked upon a Land Raider.

If there is something I've missed here and the Tac Squad can't begin embarked in the

LR, they could still both Outflank and the Tac Squad embark at the end of the turn they

both arrive (though that's a dodgy strategy given they must arrive together and on the

same board edge...

Regards.

Holy Monkey! My apologies, you're damn right, JamesI.

And that rather obvious oversight leaves me with a few apologies to make, methinks.

I use Khan and his Chapter Tactics quite a lot and while I don't recall having ever

Outflanked with a 'Heavy', I've done it twice with my Landspeeders for sure, thinking

it was any unit that gained the ability. 'Oooops' doesn't really cover it...

Regards.

Archived