Scattering blasts off of a ruin.

ShinyRhino

Let's say you're firing a blast weapon at a unit in a multi-level ruin. As per the rules, you only select one level of the ruin for the blast to land on, and select a target model.

But what happens if the blast scatters off the actual ruin?

Let's say I shoot a blast at the top level of a ruin, and it contains three closely-packed models. I choose the center model as my target, but scatter 2". Moving the scatter distance puts the center of the marker about 1" behind the actual building, but still places two models under the template.

Are those two models hit, or does the blast miss entirely because it scattered off the "floor" of the building?

I'd figure it's still a hit, as you're firing a blast at a certain elevation, resulting what is essentially an "airburst" shot that flings shrapnel. Or, does the shot fall to the ground and miss entirely because the center hole was not on the "floor" of the ruin's thrid level?

It's on p84 of the rulebook.

Yes its still a hit.

You pick and declare a target on a particular floor – if you scatter and models are still covered then it's fine and they're casualties ;). If the marker scatters but covers models on a different floor instead, tough luck. The blast only hits models on the level you declared :cuss.

Cheers

I

Archived