wolf tooth necklace?

greatcrusade08

ok i had an interesting game the other day against new SW codex army.

something that come up was hitting land speeders:

if the speeder moves the enemy needs a 4+ to hit, but the wolf tooth necklace states all CC attacks hit on a 3+.

which is correct?

Gc08

An interesting question because it does indeed say in close combat.

However another thing that might be of note is that it mentions "Regardless of comparative weapon skills"

Whether this means vehicles count having a comparative weapon skill 0 or not I have no idea.

I'm tempted to say no like it was in the old codex but I can't remember if that specifically said against targets with WS only, I know it did somewhere but it might have been the FAQ instead.

The previous editions WTN was exactly the same, and the FAQ read "only when used against an enemy with weapon skill".

I see no reason for that to have changed, GW just hasnt gotten around to releasing our FAQ yet.

The previous editions WTN was exactly the same, and the FAQ read "only when used against an enemy with weapon skill".

I see no reason for that to have changed, GW just hasnt gotten around to releasing our FAQ yet.

^This is my feeling as well.

Indeed, it makes me sad that the wolf dex is so sloppy. They are my third favorite offical chapter.

Indeed, it makes me sad that the wolf dex is so sloppy. They are my third favorite offical chapter.

you can tell it's GW when they forget their proof readings or whatever, one would believe they don't even care and not even playtest this stuff. However as me and my brother say: GW like it EXTRA sloppy

With Codex Space Wolves if there is a question on a rule then cut the head off a live chicken and which board edge it dies on settles the rule dispute. The overall problem is our weak human mind and our pathetic English language cannot perceive the subtleties of logic and grammar of the eldritch super being who wrote this codex.

don't forget that we are also instructed to use the most recent version of the rules if we are following GW guidelines, so the 3+ from the wolfy codex overwrites the standard land speeder rules.

Yes, and when a codex is somewhat ambigous it is up to us as players to find a precident- in this case it is a simple one, the same problem existed before and was FAQd in a particular way. There is no reason that interpretation is no longer valid, and as it is a reasonable ruling in all respects we should honor it as gamers with fair and honorable intentions.

Yes, and when a codex is somewhat ambigous it is up to us as players to find a precident- in this case it is a simple one, the same problem existed before and was FAQd in a particular way. There is no reason that interpretation is no longer valid, and as it is a reasonable ruling in all respects we should honor it as gamers with fair and honorable intentions.

Seconded!

Archived