Combat Squads, Dedicated Transports, and DOW.

thade

This is multi-faceted and has to do with the Deployment Type I understand the least, so I'll try my best to spell it out. In this example, we have a tactical squad (ten marines strong) and a Razorback (carrying capacity six). At Deployment I state that my tac squad is combat squadding, and I specify which branch of the squad goes into the Razorback. Dawn of War allows you to deploy up to two Troop Choices, and Dedicated Transports (i.e. the Razorback) counts as a Troop choice for this I understand. My question is whether I can deploy the Tac Squad (previously one Troop choice, now two as it's combat squadded) with one squad deployed into the Razorback...or would this effectively make the Razorback a third Troop choice and thus be an illegal deployment?

In effect, does the "During deployment" part of the Combat Squad rule force me to only deploy the Razorback with it's single embarked combat squad to start?

Cheers.

It would be illegal. If you combat squad and the transport you have 3 troops.

You ahve to deploy both halves of the combat squad in order to combat squad, so the razorback must stay off the board.

It would be illegal. If you combat squad and the transport you have 3 troops.

You ahve to deploy both halves of the combat squad in order to combat squad, so the razorback must stay off the board.

This is trueth. you may either deploy the squad and combat squad them without the transport, or you may deploy the squad without combat squading them and with the transport.

Archived